Tiny bugs in soil

Thanks for the info the hiker. I I have seen a few more after the watering but I just gonna let them be. Obviously there is something they are cleaning up. Also, thank you IICEMAN! I did up my lights a bit and i'm now at 7560 lumens instead of 3820.

You do not want spotted mites on your plants they eat the shit out of your plants and are very hard to get rid of, that's why they call them the Borg. They spin webs over your buds and ruin yields and devour plants! I don't know about the ones your showing, but I have been taught that no mites are good in MJ!
OK so found out some interesting stuff. They are soil mites. They are actually very beneficial in your soil as they eat anything decomposing In your soil. They also eat mold and have never been found to harm plants. They are basically a filter for your soil. They are most commonly found around compost or any decomposing matter. They come in may colors any sizes but all do basically the same thing. Here is a picture of what mine looked like or similar to.

IMG_20151007_221628.jpg

Hey LJJ2,
So far they have yet to disturb may plant at all, nor do they touch the big fan leaves I remove and put in the soil. I have kept a close eye, always checking for any damage. They only seem interested in the soil. I haven't noticed any webs yet. The article I read on them called them the garbage men of soil. An said that soil mites have never been none to harm plants. I am sure there are millions of types of mites and this "ONCE" I happened to get luck. I am definitely watching and already have a few plans if I notice any damage. Thank you for your comment! I have until now not had a pest problem before so I am studying and listening to advice. Oh an of course paying close attention to my girl!

Bushman2008... there you are. I will for sure check that out also. Mint leaves are going to be my first option to try as it is by far the most organic way. But o sure do like hearing other thing like that to look into and learn about.

Back
Top Bottom