Tips On Germanating

BornFailure

Hi yall i just joined today and i want to ask you a few a questions. Ive got 10 seeds and i need to know if theres any specifications on germanating them. I have 1 of them folded in a moist paper towel inside a ziploc bag. Its been a day since and i havent seen no change. I know it can take up to weeks but i was wondering if theres any way to tell that a seed will germinate or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

If your seed has cracked open and you can see a little white tail, it has germinated. Get it into the soil or medium of your choice and plant it up to a half inch with the white root pointed down.

I knew that already but still thanks alot for your info. I wanted to know if theres any way to tell if a seed will germinate or if its no good. It's been years since my last grow so, i kinda forgot everything.

Yes because personally i dont think it will so i wanted to know if you can tell by lookin at it?its been two days now and the only change is that its klinging to the paper towel.

No I don't beileve so. Germination is a waiting game. you do what you need to do and wait. I have germinated over a hundred seeds. some bag seed. especially noticed that with bag seed mature or not, it may not germinate. vended seed (from a seed bank) will usually always germ. Again slight chance you will get one or two that wont. The other problem its the lengh of time you have had the seeds. If you have had them for years and years that may be a factor and you will find that a few of your seeds though looking mature will not germ.

Sorry for giving you redundent info earlier I did quite grasp the question.

OK thanks a mill. I'll wait it out, but 1 more question. The first day of germanation the seed was loose in the paper towel. But today, for some reason, its clinging on to the towel. It doesnt move at all when i tipped it upside down (a jackass idea but i was curious=) Could that be a sign that something is coming out of the shell and trying to root itself? Thanks again your a big help.

Back
Top Bottom