Germination worries

BlueberyBlaze

I've been germinating some seeds for about 3 days and they've only barely sprouted out. I have them in a paper towel sealed in a ziploc. Should i leave them in the paper towel or just put them in the soil and let them sprout naturally. Also when i plant the seedlings into the ground, should you plant them with the root tip facing up or into the soil deeper? Last thing, for obvious reasons when i move the thermometer around in my grow box the temp varies. So where is the best place to be taking readings from?

I'm on day 7 now of germ. It took almost 3 days for 4 of the 6 to sprout and now they are in grodan and I only have 2 of them showing the first set of leaves(and they are barely opened up). I posted a similar post last week and I was told to calm down, take my time and be patient....I sucks to read other people having sprouts in 12 hours and a nice plant in 2 weeks but I guess its all just a learning experience...Oh yeah, place the roots down into the soil around a quarter inch or so, thats what I was told anyhow and it has worked in the past.

Not all seeds sprout in 3.5 days. In my experience, I'd say germ time is first determined by strain, next by condition of the seed. I have a strain of my own that takes 5-7 days to germ, another that's up normally in 12 hrs. Older seeds take longer.
So many variables!

Back
Top Bottom