Tired of all the weed/resin stains on the carpet?

WaVancouver

Hey folks, It's been awhile.

So I was smoking with one of my friend's at her house and she taught me a really neat and easy trick to get rid of weed and resin stains that happen on the carpet. This also works on hardwood floors but I haven't tried it on linoleum. And it works amazing on candle wax that's spilled on the carpet.
Hey, I'm a clumsy stoner!

Anyways, just wanted to share a tip:

To remove these stains, plug in your iron and grab a paper towel or two and a scrub brush if you want it.
So you place the paper towel on the stains and you use your iron and go over the paper towel a few times. This should warm up the resin and stick and adsorb to the towel. And with wax, it melts right into the towel. To get the rest of it out if you need to, use a brush.

Did anyone else know this trick or am I just mentally challenged and learned about it late? Hoped it helps a few folks out...

haha, yeah. I learned 80% of my things here! I haven't been on in 4 months and decided to drop by again

This is the first I've heard of resin stains on carpet or floor, so I always have something new to hear about here.

my wifes always complainig about it.... (stains). Not usualy resin from the pipe.. but the oils from the ash. Ash from my weed is way oily compared to the dry neat ash of a cigarete.

I also tend to start and stop a lot of joints... so where verver I am i have a half smoke jay just droping chared bits of it's self everywhere.

I;ve gotten better at at... and do my best to clean up after myself... I tried the hot ir method and it really helped.

My cats are notorious for knocking over my pipes onto the floor and I usually haven't ashed it yet so I have a mess to clean up afterwords. My cats are also notorious for getting into the ashtray! So Im always scrubbing stains out of my carpet...

Yep, known that trick for a while now...ever since I spilled candle wax on our brand new carpet and had to find a way to clean it up before the hubby got home from work! LOL! One addendum, though...dampen the towel or paper towel before ironing. I believe this either creates steam that helps loosen the stain/wax, and/or keeps the towel from burning.

Oh, and yes, it works like a charm! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom