To Cut or Not to Cut

w4nn13

Hey there guys, I am on my first test grow started with 2 plants one was male and is no more, I have one female left in the fourth week of flowering (see pic) as this was my test grow I did not top or FIM or Prune anything due to the fact I have no idea when I started, in the time its taken to grow this as a test I have had a ballast blow on me, a timer stop on the light, a couple of burnt leafs and high humidity problems during lights off. Other then that everything seems to be fine.

My questions to you guys is should I cut the bottom stems/branches off as you can see in the pic there is around 3-4 small ones. I am at end of the fourth week of flowering

My other question is how can I bring my humidity problem down I am getting around 55-60% during lights on and I am getting 65-75% during lights off, I have bought a dehumidifier which has taken the lights off stage down to 60-65%, I have 100mm extractor fan running 12 hours on with lights in there 12/12 stage the dehumidifier is not on a this stage due to it don't make any difference, I turn it on in the dark period which gets me down to 60-65%, I have an oscillating fan on the go as well. Now this grow tent is in the back shed outside and draws in cool air from under the door and through side nettings just so you know.

Any advice would be great thanks
Photo00301.jpg

I wouldnt cut anything at the point yer at, its too late to really make any difference and cutting will only take away from what you will get in the end, as far as humidity I would add a few more fans to dissipate more humidity, good luck , peace!

That looks tall and spin-dally.i would(nextime bend it when it's small)I'm doing that now and you should the small growth thicken right up.Mind i now have spider mites so that an owwy.Q?did you veg for along time with florescent bulb(s)

i agree with diesel-farmer it's too late to cut anything now, but in the future, when i'm sure you're going to have several plants, trimming off the bottom few branches on all your plants before they enter the flowering room will promote better air circulation. also, diesel-farmer's correct an additional fan will knock that humidity down...though it's not too bad. good luck

From sprout to veg it took 3 weeks to reach 15 in tall and turned to 12/12 on the fourth week when it was 18in high now its over 6ft lol this was done under MH Bulb for veg I have bought a 90w LED ufo for next time to do the veg stage to save on my electric bill doing one month of MH bulb will cost me around 40 euros for a month with the LED it will be around 20 euros so big difference, makes me think will I be able to do 8 plants in my 8 pot wilma system think I am going need some help haha

May I suggest LST next time? Low Stress Training would allow you more room for ventilation above your plant, not to mention more even lighting over the entire plant. There's plenty of info on LST within these pages of wisdom. Good luck....btw, don't cut it...if it's not doing the plant any good it'll eventually fall off.

Back
Top Bottom