Auto 3 weeks left lights on 24/7?

static123

I am in a bit of a predicament, Growing autos under a 250 and have been doing the 18/6 light cycle,
However I have noticed that the RH is going up to 60 when lights are off (fans and extraction is running 24/7) when lights are on the rh is 45 / 50.

The plants have 3 weeks left and the buds are getting big so i am obviously concerned about bud rot etc. Unfortunately I can't fit a dehumidifier nor a heater in the tent so thats not a option.

I realise the reasons the RH is going up is due to the temp change when light is off so would it be a good idea to leave the lights on 24/7 to finish them off.

I have had a look about and there are mixed views on leaving lights on all the time as the buds will get bigger during the dark period, I would be interested in your views as at the moment leaving the lights on seems to be my only option.

Big thanks as usual guys. :)

Some pictures would be nice for your grow set up. Do you have a push pull system set up for the fans? It would probably be helpful for the experts if they knew how your fans are set up. If you have one fan pushing and the one on the other side pulling on the top it might help it remove some of the humidity. I am also new to growing but wouldn't the plants do better if they were set to a 12/12 light schedule?

Sorry of course my bad, there is only a 5" fan pulling air through a rhino carbon filter and the intake is through the vents at the bottom of the tent.

a pic of the tent a few month ago

1445584985969-172322125.jpg

and with the plants in there

14491481774891760616900.jpg

1448527279052-672588380.jpg

It might be helpful to add another fan or a bigger fan to help your air flow leaving the tent. Also now would probably be a good time to switch the light cycle to 12/12.

There is a second fan at the top of the tent blowing down but it is only a small clip on one. what would be the benefit of switching to 12/12 with an auto ?
thanks

I am new to growing but I have read that people switch autos to 12/12 in the last 3 weeks. But I have also read that switching them to 12/12 will reduce the yield and they recommend to stay on 18/6. Try moving the fan that is blowing air down to one of the intake vents to blow air into the tent. This may help keep your temperatures down and control your humidity better.

Did you try leaving the flap open a bit? That will lower your RH and temps.

Keep it simple, when it comes to lights. Autos flower no matter what schedule you're on. I would not mess with the light schedule now, or you could cause it to hermie. Keep at least one fan going for ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom