Humidity when lights off

Furious87

Hey all I've seen multiple topics about this.
Basically increase temperature to lower humidity.

I have this issue when lights off it creeps to 50s to 60s RH.
I have my exhaust off when lights off.
I have a 220w tube heater on ground level.
Temp when lights off is around 18degrees Celsius

Some people have said keep exhaust on, but my reason is when I use exhaust when sleeping, it sucks out all my hot air and I get low temps and getting too cold.

Any ideas.

Hey all I've seen multiple topics about this.
Basically increase temperature to lower humidity.

I have this issue when lights off it creeps to 50s to 60s RH.
I have my exhaust off when lights off.
I have a 220w tube heater on ground level.
Temp when lights off is around 18degrees Celsius

Some people have said keep exhaust on, but my reason is when I use exhaust when sleeping, it sucks out all my hot air and I get low temps and getting too cold.

Any ideas.

Sorry also running a mini dehumidifier but humidity still as I said only changes a little

I anticipated that problem while building my room about half way through when I plugged in my 6" 440 cfm inline fan. As soon as I heard that thing I knew the wife wasn't going be able to listen to that thing at night. I knew the daytime would be fine as other daily routines around the house drown out the noise. So anyway what I did was buy 2- 6" 180 cfm duct boosting fans for 20 bucks each, way quitter.
I put 1 down low pulling fresh(house) air in and put 1 up high pushing warm humid air out into the outer room. I put these fans on a separate timer and they go on 1 hour after lights out. I also keep one of my oscillating fans running after lights out to help move the air around and out of grow room. I let my main fan run for 1 hour after lights out to push the initial warm humid air out and after that I basically circulate the air around my house with my house exhaust fans for just an hour or so. If you don't mind some free oxygen and a pleasant smell in your house at night I highly recommend this.

Hey man, there in the 6th week flower 2days into flush, hairs are 60-40 brown. Looks good, but wanted to keep humidity lower.

Hey man, there in the 6th week flower 2days into flush, hairs are 60-40 brown. Looks good, but wanted to keep humidity lower

Hey man, there in the 6th week flower 2days into flush, hairs are 60-40 brown. Looks good, but wanted to keep humidity lower.

Well in that case, if possible bring the room RH down. Each day lower it (if you can) until you get to about 10% RH. Low humidity is a trick us cultivators use to control color, resin production and it also helps prevent bud rot and bugs coming into your garden.. When in flowering Marijuana is very susceptible to,,,everything lol.. Keeping a low humidity will make your resin glands swell to the size of grapes :thumb: and will help ward off any bod rot created by the moisture. However, you do not want to just decrease your humidity all at once. This is stress the plant. I suggest (cause your in late flowering) decreasing it by 3-5% a day until you reach 10% RH (If possible, 40% RH or below is still great. I usually recommend decreasing RH by 5% every week after the first week of flowering, cause this will not put any unwanted stresses on your plant. Small increments in this world is best. Over doing it can cause major issues..

AS for your temperature, that is totally fine. It's actually better then keeping it at the 20+ range. IT helps induce more bud production cause the plant thinks winter is embarking on her fast. So 18-19 degrees is 100% at night when the lights are out. I keep mine at 18-19 as well.. Now if she drops to 15 or lower you'll begin to have issues with growth. She will stop/slow growth. You do not want this of course. IF you have an extra 10$ go to your local pawn shop/thrift store and see if they have a cheap but good dehumidifier. I hear you can get 50$ + ones there for just 10$, that work amazing just for a grow room, especially if it's enclosed., (which most rooms are) Also if you have another 20$ go get a small heater from walmart or home depot, Put it in your room and keep that exhaust on.. They need to be ventilated especially when they are in flowering. Bugs and bud rot will occur along with increased RH. your almost there brotha, hang in there and make modifications in your next grow ;) Hope this has helped you out a bit.

If you need some help uploading pictures there is a link in my signature on how to do so. Click on er and post them girls for the world to see. My lips water when I hear a plant is a few weeks from harvest. I must see that eye candy !

Sending good vibes to ya brotha :thumb:

:peace:

Tried a few times to link my pics to this thread.
Can't work it out.

So to clarify early veg was awful and things had to get changed so invested in a proper tent around 3-4 weeks into veg, so I'm pretty sure I stunted plants for a while, then I probably f***d them up when topping and using plant training as plants looks kinda low.

Friend says not enough bud on them too.

Really need to control my humidity though it spiked today to around 65

image6783.jpeg
image6783.jpeg

I had the same issues with my grow- mold being the main concern. Eventually got a dehumidifier, which is on a timer to run only during lights out. My outside air which comes through the intake vent is very cold and humid so running the fans 24/7 isn't an option for me. Finding a dehum that can work on a timer wasn't easy. For that you need one with 'auto-restart'. It raises the temps during lights out and lowers humidity below 60 RH which at least gets me out of the mold danger zone. Here's the thread I started on the subject, if it helps.Looking for help sizing dehumidifier for 8x8' room

Hey all so things are looking good, however one of the plants appear more darker are dull.
Leaves showing symptoms of heat stress? Kind of curled up towards the middle.
The other plant appears normal...

Could it be that the one that looks like it's having heat stress may be more mature than the other.....

If it's curled up that's probably heat stress. Other issues can cause the curl, like nute burn and ph troubles, but I think normally you'd see some leaf burn along with the latter two issues.

Hey man, hope u alright.

I wanted some advice on harvest time.
I have been flushing my soil ladies for 10 days now, n when I checked the trichomes they look clear still.
Not sure what to do as I thought I was close to harvest time, the majority of trichomes appear clear.

Can I continue flushing and will they change colour still.
Also should I be cutting of all the discoloured fan leaves or shall.i leave em all on.

I'd appreciate some advice if your free to give it ;)

Hopefully others will chime in here as I don't usually go by the trichome color much anymore. I've grow the same strains for long enough that I have a good idea how long to flower them for. I don't always flush - just wind down the nutes to low levels, or water only, for the last three weeks or so. I also don't grow in soil so I'm not familiar with flushing it. My intuition would be - probably stop flushing and just water when needed, wait another week and see how they're doing then. A lot of flushing could cause issues if the soil stays constantly wet.
As for the leaves, I generally pluck them when they're totally dead, at which time they easily come off with a tug. I also trim them out a bit if they look like they're a tangled mess which is blocking airflow. In late flowering the plant naturally drains the older leaves of the nutrients in them. I figure that as long as the plant is still feeding from them, they are still being used. On the other hand, removing a few isn't going to cause trouble either.

Back
Top Bottom