Low humidity in room

jefkak

Hello, Jefkak here

I'm experiencing low humidity in my room; it's 8'x12", I have a 6" fan blowing in night/early morning air, I have an 8" fan/filter exhausting air through my lights. I'm getting 83 degree temps with 25% humidity or less, I bought a small humidifier but it seems to be doing nothing. I turned off the filter but the humidity level is staying the same?? Any ideas?

Thanks people

Hello, Jefkak here

I'm experiencing low humidity in my room; it's 8'x12", I have a 6" fan blowing in night/early morning air, I have an 8" fan/filter exhausting air through my lights. I'm getting 83 degree temps with 25% humidity or less, I bought a small humidifier but it seems to be doing nothing. I turned off the filter but the humidity level is staying the same?? Any ideas?

Thanks people

What part of the world r u in and what season is it? Get a larger humidifiier. In the mean time place a couple of open buckets of water around the room (1 or 2 5 gal buckets should work). The water will evaporate increasing the humidity. Hope this helps. Also try misting ur plants once or twice every other day or so (in veg) with neutral (PH 7) water. Be sure to spray both sides of leaves. Too much misting depletes nitrogen so don't over do it.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'll go and grab a better/misting humidifier as well.
I live near Denver=very arid, oddly enough we had the wettest summer this part of the country has ever had up until 2 weeks ago, I was struggling to keep my levels @ 55%, now it's bone dry.
cheers

Do your plants exhibit any signs of stress from this low humidity? There are some growers that say that low humidity increases resin production. I would also believe that transfer thru the leaf is enhanced. It boils down to how do they look, healthy or stagnant. Misting they will just wash nutrients from plant, mist only to feed a supplement or treat with safer or neem oils..

They look healthy, a few days ago they appeared to have a zinc deficiency, I added some old age kelp for a pot./phos. boost, I also checked my N and it was ok,. I watered last night and they look fine=all perked up and happy. I'm reading/testing depleted levels of potash @ the moment and would imagine that isn't helping.

:thanks:

Misting

Do your plants exhibit any signs of stress from this low humidity? There are some growers that say that low humidity increases resin production. I would also believe that transfer thru the leaf is enhanced. It boils down to how do they look, healthy or stagnant. Misting they will just wash nutrients from plant, mist only to feed a supplement or treat with safer or neem oils..

I disagree, misting can be beneficial when done correctly to help correct a few problems. JUST DON'T OVER DO IT. A foliar feed will work as well. Care to back that Up? I can back mine.

Indoor Marijuana Horticulture explains spraying w/ clean, tepid water and misting heavily every morning for a week as reverse foliar feeding. This removes nitrogen from foliage rapidly. To mist plants during light cycle invites burning of leaf, or if you mist heavily after lights go off mold and mildew, which is best described as WMD on these girls. As I stated foliar feeding is appropriate when targeting a deficiency in nutrients, but you won't be able to change the humidity levels w light foliar feeding. As to the growers that believe in lower humidity levels I'll find that info, as a matter of fact it seems that it was a grower in the higher elevations in the Rockies. Always watch ur mirrors when backing up. Some of us should maybe do a walk around first... I only know what my girls tell me..Much Love and Respect to my bay area brother!!

Nicely put Dr. Frankenkush. When I return I'll poet what I've found. And yeah when preparing to clone misting heavily, daily for a week decreases N so cuts can root faster (also raises humidity). This is y i suggested the every other day thing, just made sense to me. I'll post more later. Gotta go.:peace:

Who's gonna take the torch?

Indoor Marijuana Horticulture explains spraying w/ clean, tepid water and misting heavily every morning for a week as reverse foliar feeding. This removes nitrogen from foliage rapidly.

This is why I suggested every other day. Ur info is correct to my knowledge, I read the same thing. I don't wanna come off as a know it all. I was unable to come up with hard facts about misting to raise humidity. Seems this is an open debate, not only in the cannabis community,but the orchid, and bonsai communities as well. There are logical arguments presented from both sides. I did however read of another person that had a similar method of my water in an open bucket deal. This person put bricks in the drain pan and filled with water and placed pot on bricks to keep medium from wicking up water and promoting root rot. I said that to say this, I can't provide a solid answer any more than I have good luck to you, I'd hate to be the one to mislead u. I do what I 1st suggested. I noticed that in a humidity dome misting once a day keeps the humidity up. Using logic I figured that if u misted indoor plants a couple times every other day may help. Another thing, my humidity stays on the high side if I water all or the majority of the pots at the same time. I stagger watering to keep it down. Hope some of this is some help to someone. :peace:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, I ended up.... I'll try to make it concise;
I was filtering my room and exhausting the filtered air through my lights out of the house; I was drawing cool night air into the room with a 6" and it was great for flowering but it was drying out the room for my veg.(it's the first time I cooled a room w/o an a/c unit). I ended up pulling fresh air from another room and pushing it through the my enclosed lights; I turned the fresh air draw into a filtered exhaust running on a timer for 15 minutes on, 15 off, for an 18 hour cycle. I also hooked up my hydrofarm a/c unit. This brought my humidity up to about 60%, when the exhaust comes on it brings the humidity down to about 45%. I had a fair amount of work to do, when I flower I'll disconnect the a/c and turn the a/c exhaust into a cool air draw; I think it will work out pretty well. I guess you have to "work" on occasion-ha.
cheers, and thanks

Back
Top Bottom