To flower or not to flower

Using height to determine if the plant is sexually mature is a poor way of doing things.
You can flower a plant that is not yet sexually mature but yield will be severly compromised.

Yea someone has told me about the nodes being offset to show sexual maturity, but I am not sure what that looks like. I wish there was a pic or something. Are the nodes where the beginning of new leaves or branches are? Thanks for the help, thanks to this forum I have been able to trouble shoot and correct alot of problems with my first grow. Thanks

Alternating nodes:
Nodes are where branches grow outward from the main stalk (meristem).
Look at the plant. Are these branches exactly opposite each other? Or is there for instance a branch to the left, and then a few inches further up the meristem a branch to the right?
Alternating means the plant is sexually mature.
Also, look for growth of tiny leaves where the branches meet the stem, also an indication of sexual maturity.

Thank you, i understand perfectly now, unfortunately my month old plants don't seem to be sexually mature and I am dying to flower the kids, but I want a good yield so i will wait i guess.

During the first 3 weeks of 12/12 the plant will more than double in height.
The branches will be further apart to allow for bud development. Taller plants have a better chance of reproduction (the males to disperse their pollen further their brothers, the females to catch more pollen than their sisters). No additional branches are produced on the meristem, tho additional budsites may be produced (or at least increase in size) on existing stems.

Back
Top Bottom