Today Two Florida Senators Are Key To Getting Marijuana Legal In Florida

Truth Seeker

Aaron Bean and Eleanor Sobel, two Florida Senators will make a key decision today in their positions as Health Policy Committee Chair and Vice Chair, respectively. They will decide today whether to allow Florida Senate Bill 1250, commonly referred to as the "Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act", to be workshopped and heard by other Florida Senators.

SB 1250 is being supported by both Democrats and Republicans with polling over 70% for its support in Florida. Bean and Sobel are the final decision makers on whether the Florida Senate will vote on the measure. The Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act would allow patients in need of cannabis for medical purposes to not be arrested and kept in jail for injesting the plant.

Irv Rosenfeld, a recipient of 300 cannabis cigarettes from the Federal government monthly, is in Tallahassee this week to help push the bill forward by meeting with various state senators and state house representatives. Rosenfeld works in Fort Lauderdale as a stock broker and is part of a Federal program the government would prefer Americans not know about. The Federal government supplies him and others with 300 cannabis cigarettes each month to help alleviate symptoms of bone cancer. Rosenfeld said during an interview, "I don't know that I've broken a record, but I've certainly set one. No one else in the world can document having smoked 115,000 cannabis cigarettes — let alone the ones I smoked before that. I'm living proof that medical cannabis is real medicine. We need to get medicine in the hands of patients who really need it." He said the drug acts as "a muscle relaxant, an anti-inflammatory, a painkiller and keeps tumors from growing."

SB 1250 would create the "Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act" which would allow patients to possess and administer medical cannabis, and possess and use paraphernalia for a specified purpose. The Act would create a registry and approved patients would be given an identification card to be presented to law enforcement should the patient be detained by police for injesting or possessing the cannabis (their medicine). It would also allow the patient's caregiver the same right should the patient be unable to administer the medicine themselves. The medical cannabis would come from a dispensary or medical cannabis farm.

Conservatives as well as liberals are coming around to supporting medical marijuana from a medical as well as a way to respect one's rights. Conservatives and liberals alike are not interested in using government force as to what one may injest into their own body.

Florida_For_Cannabis.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: examiner.com
Author: Karl Dickey
Website: Today two Florida Senators are key to getting marijuana legal in Florida - West Palm Beach Libertarian | Examiner.com

Back
Top Bottom