Too much light?

Quackerking

I like to go overboard with light, to make sure I'm getting the most out of my grow. As long as heat and everything else is under control, can you ever have too much light?

from every scientific and commercial grow article i've every read, 60-70w per square foot is the max that a leaf can absorb

I was looking at buying a 5X5x7 Silver Edition Hydro Hut, but I was only running a 600W in one and a 400W in the other, the thought being I'd optimize the footprint of the light and leave myself a little extra play room..will this work?

A 600w would be a lil small for a 5x5 space but you'd still get good results...

Thanks Dean, I guess once I get set up, and find out if heat, stealth or the electric bill is going to an issue, if not I could add a 400W but I think a 1000W may cause heat issues where I live, I have heat, and air, but its been hard to keep my room cool with a computer, big screen,XBox and a few other things, now that stuff is no longer in the room the tent is going in, but it seems if I had an issue then, I may have it with a 1000W, I'm praying it isn't an issue with the 600W HPS, it's air cooled..thanks for any help PEace

Plants will only absorb what they need light, nutes, ect. and reject the rest. Top lamps start losing their effectiveness after 3ft so having a top lamp and a lamp in between the plants would allow the whole plants to absorb more light. That would be great for those big haze plants or really any plants you want more and bigger buds from top to bottom. If you can keep the heat down and good air circulation.

Flip

Ive heard 30 years or so ago that the strongest strains of marijuana are from high altitudes where there is INCREASED sunlight and that stronger light made more potent thc so maybe extra indoor growing light does the same ? Dont know..... could be an old hippie tale .

Ive heard 30 years or so ago that the strongest strains of marijuana are from high altitudes where there is INCREASED sunlight and that stronger light made more potent thc so maybe extra indoor growing light does the same ? Dont know..... could be an old hippie tale .

There is something to this and there have been a few test on it as well. At higher altitudes, there is a higher UV B concentration. Many believe that the higher UV does in fact increase resin production as it is a defense response to the harmful UV light. These are not 100% scientific studies but some of the growers here do keep very good records.

Back
Top Bottom