Too much super cropping?

spazcore

I'm working with a small space 2x2x4 with 3 plants. All 3 have been LST and are in week 3 of flower. 1 plant is going crazy and outgrowing the other 2 girls but with that it's having shoots going way above the canopy which I'm super cropping to bring back down.

Is there too much super cropping? I've done it 4 times to this plant twice on one stem. There isn't really any room to tie down the branches again without going straight across the bucket and I didn't want to inter free with any other growth. I also wasn't sure if they are still able to be manipulated like that this far into flower

420-magazine-mobile459571160.jpg

This is the grow space it's the back left plant with the growth spurts
The leaf sticking straight up is from the cropping this morning.

Also for future reference is it better to do this type of training in the beginning or end of the light cycle?

I usually control them with a scrog. But when I'm not scrogging I do sometimes supercrop in early flowering, when I am in your situation and have a plant that is running away. It generally won't hurt anything, it slows the plant down but that's kind of the point. You can keep on doing it it's just that the stems get so tough after awhile that you have to hunt for the newer growth which hasn't been super cropped yet.

Awesome this is entirely experimental trying out a small scale sog with LST to get multiple off shoots from 3 plants I got a nice scrog screen with the carbon filter I picked up at home depot I have considered using on 2 plants possibly 1.

Also would you know when it's too late during flower to cut out lower new growth and fan leaves without putting the plant in too much stress? Lollipop I think it's called

From everything I've read- the best time to remove that growth is after the plant stops stretching and settles down to flower. That is the time I remove everything below my screen. It's a natural time to do it and it's always worked well for me.
There's a thread in here called something like 'defoliation for greater yields', as well as a couple other threads on defol. Worth a read through. I didn't have much luck with major defoliation when I tried it- but there is quite a lot of talk, and general agreement, about the ideal timing of when to defoliate. I forget exactly the exact times other than the post stretch one. It seemed people generally agreed to not to do it during the stretch as it caused too much slowdown.
I think with a little experience you'll see that there are natural times to remove growth. The post-stretch one just comes naturally to me.
I find that if I remove all the lower growth thoroughly the first time I do get some minor regrowth later, but left long enough it becomes all good popcorn bud which doesn't need any trimming at all and is kind of a bonus at harvest. That might not be the case when a plant is less shaded down there then mine are.

Back
Top Bottom