Trich question

Exzootic

I normally like to harvest when the trichomes on a plant are around 30% - 50% milky. I'd like to know if there are any strains that are best harvested with a significant percentage of amber trichomes. I had heard things about some sativas which are better when there are a few amber trichs.

Also I;d like to know at which point do you guys like to harvest.

Ive screwed around with taking buds at different times and found what they say to be true. With some clear to mostly milky I seem to get more of a head buzz. Want to mow the grass kind of stone. When the trichs are milky with amber I want to watch the tube or the mower depending on the stain.Its not as noticeable as the buzz difference between sativas and indicas but if you take bud from the same plant at the different times you'll notice the difference.I personally think it depends on the effect your looking for.Maybe more potent when it becomes fully ripe if you will. Hence the body stone. The head high is still in there somewhere but I cant seem to get off the couch to find it.I personally dont know of any strains they say are better with certain amount amber to milky.I try to get mine when the amber just starts to show up and everything is milky white.By the time its done curing it sets me right.

I like harvesting fully milky or 50-50. The highs are different.

I have read in a few places, even a seed banks catolog, that some strains like Wite Widow should have a dark period at the end of flowering before harvest. Its said to help "ripen the plant". That told me it lets the trics mature. White Widow is renound for its heavy hitting high too so maybe these two things go hand in hand. I plan on trying this "dark period" theory soon. It was recomended to leave the plants in the dark after flowering for up to 1week!

I did 72 painful hours of darkness before harvesting my last grow. I was sold on it after reading a grow article in a popular magazine. Plain, ph'd water I should say.

It flat out works. During the last water change before darkness I snapped a cola off on accident. That cola compared to the other colas that saw the dark period had way less trich development. I understand the others had 3 more days to develop but this was very significant development. I recommend it!

Hmm I did hear to only use Ph`d water to flush the plant durring the dark period too. I want to try it soon. I have only had moderate to good trich development in any previous grows so far. Maybe that`s the missing key to having a good harvest turn to a great harvest.

Whoever has a journal in progress should to a daily comparison in the dark period. I would def be interested in that.

Question. Is the dark period for overall trich developing on the plant or just to mature the trichs that are present?

Back
Top Bottom