Trichomes & Ghost Train Haze

Jackalope

Anyone that has ever run a CBD plant can tell you trichomes don't mean shit LMAO. They can be deceiving. It all matters what is in them. Still the more there are the better things should be. Newer hybrids are coming out with amazing trichome coverage. Some I like some I don't.

I have 2 Ghost Train Haze plants going. They are in week 6 of flower. This is supposed to be a high THC strain. I am not sure if this plant is going to be one of them or not. One thing for sure. It is not getting there without trichome coverage like this.
I was a little amazed to see this many,this big, just 6 weeks in. I have to say. At this time I am very impressed with what GHT has to offer. With close ups you can see just how many more trichomes there are on plant #1 and plant #2. Sorry they are not clearer but they show what I am talking about.
Plant #1
Plant #2

I realize that. Pretty much the reason for this post.

What is different is when you see this many trichomes on a strain that is supposed to carry high THC. It gets your attention. I am not saying this is a great plant. I said it might be.

Effects is what really matters anyway. I have had 15% THC strains that have had great highs. Along with 28% THC strains that did very little for me.

I realize that. Pretty much the reason for this post.

What is different is when you see this many trichomes on a strain that is supposed to carry high THC. It gets your attention. I am not saying this is a great plant. I said it might be.

Effects is what really matters anyway. I have had 15% THC strains that have had great highs. Along with 28% THC strains that did very little for me.

Thats a truth as well. Some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked had relatively low THC numbers.

I have never had a strain I have grown tested. The only way I can rate them is by effects. Some of the frostiest plants didn't wow me when it came to the effects. Others have. Blending frost and effects is the plan now.

In fact I am still looking for the best effects. Strains Like GG and Cookies are great. They also carry tons of THC to get you there. In lots of case's they make up for effects with pure power. To me the Cookies hybrids are all power. G.G.#4 seems to have high THC and the effects I like. My favorite strains I grow might hit the 20% THC level. They are my favorites because of the effects only. Production, high THC, and all other factors are never considered.

Too damn many to quote all my favorites.
Cinderella 99
707 Headband
Cannalope Haze, are a few
All have great effects and normally will have a THC percent below 20. Those effects do not always transfer to hybrids. Trust me I have tried enough C-99 hybrids to know LMAO. Other times they do. I have noticed more and more hybrids of these strains so I am not the only one that has noticed this.

I have never had a strain I have grown tested. The only way I can rate them is by effects. Some of the frostiest plants didn't wow me when it came to the effects. Others have. Blending frost and effects is the plan now.

In fact I am still looking for the best effects. Strains Like GG and Cookies are great. They also carry tons of THC to get you there. In lots of case's they make up for effects with pure power. To me the Cookies hybrids are all power. G.G.#4 seems to have high THC and the effects I like. My favorite strains I grow might hit the 20% THC level. They are my favorites because of the effects only. Production, high THC, and all other factors are never considered.

Too damn many to quote all my favorites.
Cinderella 99
707 Headband
Cannalope Haze, are a few
All have great effects and normally will have a THC percent below 20. Those effects do not always transfer to hybrids. Trust me I have tried enough C-99 hybrids to know LMAO. Other times they do. I have noticed more and more hybrids of these strains so I am not the only one that has noticed this.

I get mine tested often. I’m in a legal state, and testing is only $40.

That said, the test results often disagree with the affects I get from the strain.

I’ve had stuff that tested high be disappointing, and stuff that tested at 15% be wonderful.

I would love to be able to test my weed. I am not saying it would change much but it would be real interesting to see the numbers.

With Ghost Train Haze. I worry more about how I like the high more than what is in all those trichomes. I am picky when it comes to sativa highs. Trainwreck is one of those strong strains that do nothing for me. You can tell the strength but there is not enough body for me to really enjoy it. Most GTH should be strong to really strong. So any with the smell I like will get a hard look before I kill it.

I second that, man. I like strains between 15-20% THC best. Relative potency alone just doesn't cut it for me. In terms of frostiness it's all IG state of mind. I had extremely frosty plants you know OGs and such and they'd be in the middle or even at the bottom of my list after I smoked them.

I have noticed that tolerance is the killer of a lot of high THC strains. I remember a few months back I picked up a strain at the dispensary to try. The guy told me that if effects started to fade then just add a little keif to it. It was only a damn ounce! If tolerance shows up that fast why the hell did I buy it. He was right. Not even halfway through it became useless.

I am not saying that is the case with all high THC strains. It might be a factor though.

I would love to be able to test my weed. I am not saying it would change much but it would be real interesting to see the numbers.

With Ghost Train Haze. I worry more about how I like the high more than what is in all those trichomes. I am picky when it comes to sativa highs. Trainwreck is one of those strong strains that do nothing for me. You can tell the strength but there is not enough body for me to really enjoy it. Most GTH should be strong to really strong. So any with the smell I like will get a hard look before I kill it.

I prefer sativa highs, and am a bit picky myself. I don’t much like when they go from uplifting and motivational to paranoid and jittery.

That frosty GTH just got introduced to a SSH male. I have not seen any visible pollen from it but I hope there is a little. I thing this plant will flower long so I hit it with pollen just in case. The male showed a lot of trichomes so I hope it is a good one. Either way I am hoping for Haze Haze LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom