Two Filters One Fan?

celticseas

I'm growing out of a 4x4x7 tent, 3 weeks into 12/12, venting with a 440cfm fab/filter combo into the attic and out a vent. I have negative pressure to spare on the tent; however the exhaust coming out of the vent (in the attic) smells quite strong and is facing my neighbor's house. I'm wondering if it would help to run another filter on top of the one I have, to cut down on the odor which is bound to increase? Or, I am open to other suggestions; I am starting to get a little paranoid and don't know for sure what I can do.
Thanks,
cs

A nice carbon filter should do the trick I use them in all my tents and they work great. If the smell still lingers after that try getting a ozone buddy or ozone Jr. They work very well and are not that expensive and they will kill all the smell of everything

I'll slow it down and see what happens I guess. Don't ozone generators harm the plants? I'm not sure it they will work on air that's moving either. Do you have one, does it do the job for you?

Ozone does not Hurt the plants and it safe for you as well the ozone Jr release ozone in ten min. Intervals and works very well! Yes I do have them 2 of them I use them to buff the entire building rather I'm cooking trimming or budding they work like a champ!

I would do a little more research on ozone before you claim its safe. Any additional ozone into a living space created from an air purifier can kill small animals, impair breathing, destroys your lungs etc etc. I'll take the word of the EPA before I take the word of a manufacture that sells them.

At .5 ppm it's safe. Safer than the smoke you breath in from cigs or the bowl!
The air just needs to keep circulating and don't runn it in a small sealed room. And get a ozone meeter lol

I'm just wondering how that even works. From what I've read the odor needs to hang around awhile before it's zapped by the ozone. If my ducting leads directly to a vent and then outside how could it even get to the odor to zap it. I saw an ozone generator on amazon.com for $50, but it'll do me no good them I'll not buy it. GT50 Professional-Grade Plug-In Adjustable Ionic Air Purifier - Amazon

I read that the negative ion generator isn't as effective so that's most likely a no go. Purely Products Ionic Lifestyle Negative Ion Generator for Home and Office - Amazon

I'd spring for a larger "name brand" filter but who is to say I'm not wasting my money there as well. What a mess, I'm screwed.

Can you post pics of ur set up??? And the ozone mixes with the air in the attic then gets sucked in the tent. Trust me ozone mixed with a charcoal filter works the best and it 100% smell free and it more than dubbles the life of you can filter

Hi,
I can post a photo tomorrow when the plants are up. This is how it's set up... filter440cfm>hood>fan440cfm>side of tent4x4x7>up to attic> outside via vent. I don't know how I'd mix the ozone and air, unless (like you said) I just let it flow freely into the attic, then get power up there for the ozone generator. I could vent out the room my tent is in, through a window, which would be less of a hassle. It's a small 12x12 room. I've been reading about baffle boxes so perhaps this would be a possibility. I wonder if I could just use a cardboard box instead. If I mix ozone in the same room the tent is in will this harm my plants?

Dont play with ozone when you have room to put in more carbon filters , make your own boxes with shitloads of carbon and ona cans then multi filter the exhaust before you send it over to Mrs. Jones , she may go wacky on you .
Heres the setup :
main exhaust-vent pipe - carbon venting box- vent pipe- carbon venting box - window vent pipe then Mrs. Jones .
You can kill a elephant fart if you use enough carbon DIY chain filters , yeah they need booster fans but at least you dont need to die from Ozone poisoning .

Can you post pics of ur set up??? And the ozone mixes with the air in the attic then gets sucked in the tent. Trust me ozone mixed with a charcoal filter works the best and it 100% smell free and it more than dubbles the life of you can filter

My tent isn't in the attic. The tent is downstairs in a 14'X14' room. Is there a way for me to mix the air in that room then vent out the window (also in the same room)? I can post a photo tomorrow when the plants are up.
Thank you :)
I guess I double posted, I am sorry...too much stress.

Ozone does not Hurt the plants and it safe for you as well the ozone Jr release ozone in ten min. Intervals and works very well! Yes I do have them 2 of them I use them to buff the entire building rather I'm cooking trimming or budding they work like a champ!

How close to the grow tent could I keep the ozone generator? The jr. is the model I was looking at.

I put my hung my jr on the wall in the midle of my tents remember if your fan is on a timer put the oz jr on a timer as well so it doesn't fill the room with oz only have it on when the air is being pulled out of the room the Jr only emits a small amount of ozone but let in a room with no circulation it will build up

My experience has been this. Generator in room with some sativa types, no issues. New plant enters (indica type) and within 4 days it reared its ugly head. What I want to truly pass on is if you do put it in the grow area, watch the plants closely. The damage is not reversible. It is safest when applied downstream from the garden before it enters public space. You may also notice the damage may be localized. In other words closer to the source. I believe the ozone has a life span of about 30 min.

There are some great threads here on 420 about ozone. Hit the search engines.

That's what I am going to do, ordered one today. Currently I'm venting up in the attic and that's where it'll go. If I change locations I'll bring the box along. Forget this two filter jazz, to much work. One carbon filter plus the ozone generator should do it. Can I ask where you are venting, is it straight into your tent room or somewhere else?
Thanks for your input :)
cs

Well I vent the ozone right in my tent room and my tents vent outside

Ozone has a life span of approx. 30 min. So with this in mind you need to have a good accumulation in the initial room as well have frequent air change to draw and use productively. My main concern is the first room. Too much is not good either. Keep an eye on your plants when they are exposed to ozone as well. Ozone exist already in the air around us but not so concentrated. The smog alerts you have on TV and such are ozone alerts. At high levels it is irritating to many, higher levels can cause irreversible damage. Should also mention it is an oxidizer as well. So it can have a negative impact on some things like rubber and plastics. It aids or accelerates the rusting of metals. Its about management. Its used every day to purify food and water commercially. Ozone will slow the degradation of fruits and veggies. Lots to learn about Ozone.

Good thread here:
Ozone the ultimate decontaminate

Back
Top Bottom