UK: Mum Crippled By Agonizing Back Pain Says Cannabis Oil Ended 13 Years Of Agony

Ron Strider

Brenda Davidson has told how she was left stunned with the results of just a few drops of the oil after it was recommended by her hairdresser.

The 55-year-old mum of three from Orkney has revealed she couldn't believe the results after over a decade of taking strong painkillers offered her little relief.

Former canteen worker Brenda — who was frequently reduced to tears by her sciatica — has be virtually pain-free since taking the legally-available cannabis oil.

The medicinal oil is sold minus the psychoactive component that causes a high, THC, but has not yet been approved for use on the NHS, although is readily available to buy online.

A day after trying her first drop of the oil she said: "I can't believe this, I am not in any pain!"

Brenda added: "My hairdresser has done a lot of research into the cannabis oil and said her mother had seen tremendous results.

"She was putting three drops under her mother's tongue and she reacted very positively to it. She told me that everyone will be different; it will depend on the individual."

Brenda is planning to stop taking the conventional tablets completely once she is confident the cannabis oil will continue to work.

She went on: "It costs £54 for a 10ml bottle, but it lasts me six to eight weeks. I remember it was a Saturday that it first arrived home, so I tried it, then again on the Sunday, but it wasn't until the Monday, at work, that I thought 'I can't believe this, I am not in any pain'."

And Brenda suffered from sleep deprivation and tried to hide the agonizing pain as best she could from close family but was unable to walk for any distance.

She said: "If it does start to niggle a bit by tea-time I just take another drop and it's fine again – I really did not think it would work, but it has.

"The NHS should definitely look into providing it on prescription – surely it would work out cheaper for them than giving out all these prescriptions for painkillers. Altogether, it is the best £54 I have ever spent."

Christopher Nicolson, director of pharmacy at NHS Orkney said: "Cannabis oil has not yet been considered for use in Scotland by the Scottish Medicines Consortium, therefore it is not yet available on prescription.

"However, in general terms, there is scope for doctors to make a request if they wish to prescribe the product.

"This involves an application being made to the office of the Medical Director. NHS Orkney would then consider the request, and take expert advice before any agreement to fund the treatment."

CBD_Oil_-_Flickr.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Woman crippled by agonising back pain says CANNABIS oil ended her agony
Author: Matt Coyle
Photo Credit: Flickr
Website: The Scottish Sun – Latest news, sports, showbiz, and celebrities

Back
Top Bottom