Ultra-cheap movable reflective walls for everybody

macbeard

For several weeks I considered building a couple of movable reflective walls that could be positioned around my plant (which is in the corner of a room painted flat white). I thought about making wooden frames with mylar stretched over them, but I am exceedingly lazy and have been pretty broke lately so my lumens kept going to waste for weeks on end.

Then one day, I was at Staples and I ran across those foam presentation boards, the kind I had my high school science fair project on. I picked up one in flat white for something like $10. It wide enough to wrap around about 2/3 of my plant, leaving just enough room for my fan to circulate air around. It's ready to go out of the box and as soon as I put it around my plant I could see that more light was getting to the bottom and sides. Within 12 hours vegetation near the bottom of my plant that had almost been dead was standing up and turning green again.

Those of you looking to make the most of your HID without going all build-crazy, here's a quick solution.

-macbeard

Back
Top Bottom