Foil Covered Foam Sheeting?

IndigoBreeze

We use quite a bit of the foam boards/sheets that are normally used for insulation in construction. They are 4' x 8' and available in several thickness. We use the 1/2" thick to screw/glue to walls and the 1" thick as movable 4' x 8' panels. They insulate, reflect, are impervious to light and water, dampen sound and weigh almost nothing when hung or handled. We use foil tape on seams to make light-proof partitions and use them as movable walls to contain the light as closely as possible around our plants.

APFoil-FacedPolyisocyanurateFoamSheathingA.jpg

this is my first time growing in many, many years so basically starting over. i'm using these as we speak, 2 sheets cut in half, but not quite through, gave me a 4x4 growing area..this is also my first post so I will try to post a picture or 2. for a reflective cover i used cardboard with mylar taped to it. 4 150 cfl bulbs from the orange store was the lighting during growing but i decided on a hydroplanet 400 w sodium for flowering. all a new learning experience. shoulda started flowering sooner as the ceiling is very low and i decided on the HP at the last moment. we'll see what happens. just started the 12/12 3 days ago.
oops....don't know how to get pics posted yet...will try to figure that out now. anyway....the boards worked very well for me. i guess you could make the room any size based on lighting system. just my $.02!

sounds like a great room!! i had used the foamed sheeting basically for the reflectiveness, thinking this is a 1 and done deal as i need some help with back pain. my little thing is flimsy but has worked so far. plants are too high and light is as high as possible. may have to tilt the pots to lower the plants........ahhhhh, hindsight/foresight!!!!
cfl7.jpg

sounds like a great room!! i had used the foamed sheeting basically for the reflectiveness, thinking this is a 1 and done deal as i need some help with back pain. my little thing is flimsy but has worked so far. plants are too high and light is as high as possible. may have to tilt the pots to lower the plants........ahhhhh, hindsight/foresight!!!!
cfl7.jpg
It works for what I'm doing. I have my 1000w hps topped out to the ceiling and the plants are still growing into the light. Having to resort to super cropping to lay them over.

if i do this again i will definitely start flowering sooner. this 3rd flr room is low, if i jump i'd hit my head on it! had no idea these plants would jump up overnight or so it seems....they are too full so now my concern is light for the lower branches. i put some warm cfl's around the perimeter but don't know whether this will do it. just started flowering, do not want to top them. been bending them with weights, i'll see what happens..

Back
Top Bottom