Unwanted Odour out of the old chimney? Help

alexcnd

Hi guys,

I am in need of some help if possible. I have just set up my 200cmx200cmx200cm grow tent with my carbon filter and in line fan but my question is...

Can i exit all these unwanted smells through my currently covered up chimney breast?
Im guessing years ago in this house they had a fireplace but it was covered up at some point with plasterboard and plaster as if it was never there. I know its there due to hollow sound in in the exact place that a fireplace would have been and also chimney holes on the top of the house.

So first off can i actually do this if i wanted? Im just worried as i can't see up the chimney to know if its blocked or anything like that. Also the house has two floors bottom floor being mine and top floor someone else rents, we both have our own private entrance but i am worried about venting this air through the chimney as it will rise up past her flat and out the chimney but could this somehow enter her flat?
Obviously i would hope that the carbon filter will stop this anyway but just a little worried.

I can exit out the window also i just thought it may be better through chimney as i won't have to keep window open all night.

Any help would be be much helpful.

:peace:

It's been done before on here....your concerns are good ones but it is going to be your choice your risk.

If you have a filter I see no reason not to other than the possible leak into the upper flat.

I'll see if I can find that thread.......

Here's one...I typed in "chimney vent"

Where to Vent?

Thanks for the reply man, obviously it is a concern as i don't want any unwanted smell in the upstairs flat.
It mentioned on the thread you put through that i could just pop the air from the tent but surely there must be some sort of smell from the tent in late flower?
Any help would be helpful.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom