Where to Vent?

tommyb88

heres the set up, 60x60x140 tent, 250w mh/hps, 4inch rvk fan with rhino carbon filter, 2-3plants tops at a time.

where can i vent the outake air from my grow room, is it neccesary to have it goin outside if the carbon filter is doing its job and there is no smell going into the house,

so here are my options

just have the ducting going out of the tent and into the the room

i have a vent in the upstairs room that goes into the chimney, i was going to have the ducting running into that but im worried about backdraft as when the weathers bad the wind can blow right down the chimney which will obviously blow back down my ducting and any smell (if any) will blow down the chimney and into the living room downstairs.

my other idea is have the ducting running into a bucket full of ona gel with a few air holes in it and sealed at the top?

what do you think would be my best option, taking into consideration the size of the grow is only small and smell is the main priority over anything, any input appreciated thanks.

I just let my grow box vent into the room. But, my grow box is in my basement and I have absolutely no issues with heat. If your room is cold, you can just let it vent into your room and let the heat from the lights warm up your room for you. No reason to waste the heat if you could be using it to heat your house. But, if you have issues with heat, then I would say vent it outside or up the chimney. I'm pretty sure you can buy a back draft preventer to put on your hose.

As mutt said, stick up the chimney & have a back draft preventer place on it near chimney.

I wouldn't worry about the smell if using a carbon filter tho... as smell neutrilizing is its main job :thumb:

I just vent on to upstairs landing by hanging ducting out of the spare bedroom door.

You can also cut a hole in the ceiling and just vent it up into the attic if you have one. The heat won't hurt anything up there.

Back
Top Bottom