Urine Drug test worries- athlete metablism

Hey guys,

I am graduating school pretty soon, and have been interviewing with a number of companies, all of which obviously will drug test me if i accept an offer.

I have been a serious smoker for three or four years, and by serious i mean multiple times a day, who am i kidding pretty much any chance i could get i was burnin' it. I had a bit of a problem for a while.

I have been slowly weening-off of my dabs, which has been difficult. For the past month or so I've only been smoking at night, as in a dab or two to help go to bed. For anyone out there who smokes or smoked as much as i did, you know it is quite difficult to stop, especially when the only reason is a drug test you could probably cheat and pass easily.

NOW, i dont want to hear, "Just stop man," I'm not an idiot and im working on it. My worry is that if i get an incredible offer tomorrow (somehow), i won't be able to pass without cheating.

NOW here is the good part.
I am an extremely well-conditioned individual. I lift literally every day for at least an hour and can out run most NCAA athletes. I am also a very sweaty individual (gross right) and drink 1-2 gallons of water per day. My body fat is under 10% and I'm just under 200 lbs (I am not here to boast, really, these facts about myself are important if you know anything about metabolism and how thc sticks to the human body).

So at the moment, i am a daily smoker (one or two dabs a night). I plan on stopping for good today, and have intentions of cranking up my workouts to a higher intensity, drinking more water, and hitting the sauna more often.

Do you all think i will actually need a full month like the world-wide-web says all daily smokers need? I was thinking a week, maybe two tops, if i train like an animal and pound my water

Am i crazy for thinking (hoping) the above is true? What do you all think?

You're a heavy smoker so it could conceivably take 2 months to get clean or you could be clean tomorrow morning. Its impossible to know. I would operate under the assumption its going to take you a month at least and make your decision based on that. My recommendation for any moderate or heavy smoker is always subbing with a synthetic.
You could just buy some cheap test strips and check yourself at home to see if you can get clean as a backup plan.

You're a heavy smoker so it could conceivably take 2 months to get clean or you could be clean tomorrow morning. Its impossible to know. I would operate under the assumption its going to take you a month at least and make your decision based on that. My recommendation for any moderate or heavy smoker is always subbing with a synthetic.
You could just buy some cheap test strips and check yourself at home to see if you can get clean as a backup plan.

Hey Weed420

That's what I've been thinking as well!

It's been about a week so far, the first few days REALLY sucked but now it's like nothing has changed, although I have been drinking wine at night to help me sleep... My plan was to buy a pack of 2-4 take-home-tests, however they sell them, personally I've never bought them so I'm not sure.

I was going to take one at 2 weeks, one at a month, and hopefully I'll be good by then. If I have to take a test before I can be positive I'm clean then I'll get some pee from a friend.

And by the way, I appreciate the reply! After originally posting this i noticed that although most posts have at least 100 views, most of them don't have any replies. So for that, I thank you my friend!

You can buy the thc test strips off of ebay for about $1.30 each, thats what I use to do.
If you have to sub just figure out what bottle you're going to use and put water in it to practice your technic for keeping it within the right heat range. You can buy stick on temp strips at just about any pharmacy.

You can buy the thc test strips off of ebay for about $1.30 each, thats what I use to do.
If you have to sub just figure out what bottle you're going to use and put water in it to practice your technic for keeping it within the right heat range. You can buy stick on temp strips at just about any pharmacy.

Man I thought I knew what I was doing, by filling up a 5-hour container and using a hand warmer. You really know your stuff! Thanks man, I'd have never thought of either of those things.

Definitely going to get both, again I really appreciate it brother!

Hey BayArea,

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one I feel your pain! So check it out, I too was a heavy smoker similar to your story. I too am an athlete, I powerlift religiously and have moderate body fat, maybe 16%...Although you run a lot apparently which seems will help burn a lot more fat. Anyways, I lost my job a month and a half ago and I instantly stopped smoking in fear the next potential job offer will test. Today marks 42 days clean. I have been following everything, lifting pretty much daily, 30 min of cardio after my lifting to truly burn the fat deposits. GRANTED I do weigh 240 but I have a vast amount of muscle. Day 21, I was passing home tests later in the day after consuming my daily water. Yesterday, I took a test very early in the morning and BARELY passed the home test. This wasn't even the first void, maybe 3 pisses later in the day. So truly, do not believe the hype just that because your BF is low you will clean out fast. Although, who knows everyones body is different and expels things at different rates. Good luck and wish you the best!

Hey BayArea,

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one I feel your pain! So check it out, I too was a heavy smoker similar to your story. I too am an athlete, I powerlift religiously and have moderate body fat, maybe 16%...Although you run a lot apparently which seems will help burn a lot more fat. Anyways, I lost my job a month and a half ago and I instantly stopped smoking in fear the next potential job offer will test. Today marks 42 days clean. I have been following everything, lifting pretty much daily, 30 min of cardio after my lifting to truly burn the fat deposits. GRANTED I do weigh 240 but I have a vast amount of muscle. Day 21, I was passing home tests later in the day after consuming my daily water. Yesterday, I took a test very early in the morning and BARELY passed the home test. This wasn't even the first void, maybe 3 pisses later in the day. So truly, do not believe the hype just that because your BF is low you will clean out fast. Although, who knows everyones body is different and expels things at different rates. Good luck and wish you the best!

Hey Big Swole

Nice name by the way, that's sick. So it sounds like at day 21 you thought you were good and now a full 21 days later at day 42 you're barely passing?

That's rough! It's been close to two weeks for me so if one comes up before day 40 or so I am going to use synthetic i think. Using synthetic scares me though I feel like it only works for at-home tests.

Thanks for the reply man, I really appreciate the insight and I'm sure this post will help people in the future as well. I am going to start hitting the cardio and sauna heavier, especially after hearing this from you.

I do not trust synthetic as I have friends who have all been detected when they tried it in a lab. If you're going to sub, at least use someone you know whos cleans pee. This way you will know it wont come back invalid. Apparently there is an adulteration test strip you can buy online that will test these synthetics however to truly know if you stand a chance. Up to you. Either way, Im taking the natural detox route, may be depressing but atleast I know I won't get caught! Good luck.

Man I thought I knew what I was doing, by filling up a 5-hour container and using a hand warmer. You really know your stuff! Thanks man, I'd have never thought of either of those things.

Definitely going to get both, again I really appreciate it brother!
There are lots of ways to play the game, you just have to figure out which one will work for your circumstances. Always have a backup plan.

Back
Top Bottom