Using this dryer product to dry my herb?

keith1975

I've been growing for about 2 years now and I now want to move all my drying and curing and everything into one room. I no longer use tents, so I need some sort of drying rack if I want to keep my buds in the same room. The product I found is a typical drying rack, but:
a) It blocks out light
b) can be sealed completely with zips

So this is great for in the room so that no light messes with the buds. But my concern is that this product comes with a fan. It looks like a normal PC fan that fits at the top. You power it on and it provides circulation. The creators of the product argue that it stops mold etc etc. But everything I've heard and I've experienced, says that if I turn this fan on, my buds are going to dry out too quickly.

I obviously can't name the product, but I hope my description is enough to provide me with some advice.

Am I better off just using the dry tent without the fan? Especially considering there is ventilation in my grow room?

It's my understanding - which could be flawed, like I am - that it's okay to post a link to a product for reference purposes. And that it's acceptable to name one in any event. Acting as a shill for a product, on the other hand, isn't. And it's not cool to post a live link to a product on one business' website when one of our paying sponsors/advertisers sells the same product (in other words, if that's the case, use a link to the product being sold by the business that helps support the forum).

Again, I might be missing some kind of fine point or other. But I don't see a problem with the product you posted a link to, because you needed to do so for purposes of clarification ("for reference") and I don't know of any of our sponsors selling the thing.

I've just had a look at their .PDF (available on their website) that purports to be the result of lab analysis. Suspiciously absent is the name of the lab. The author stated that "the drier, the better" - which only holds true to a certain extent, unless you're attempting to create powder (and have zero interest in curing your bud :rolleyes: ). The website text is a little sketchy, but that could be explained by the person being more familiar with Chinglish than English (or being a stoner who consumes while working, I suppose).

IDK. The concept is sound. But I see nothing about a humidity sensor, let alone something that might somehow detect the moisture content of any of the buds placed inside the device.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .

It's my understanding - which could be flawed, like I am - that it's okay to post a link to a product for reference purposes. And that it's acceptable to name one in any event. Acting as a shill for a product, on the other hand, isn't. And it's not cool to post a live link to a product on one business' website when one of our paying sponsors/advertisers sells the same product (in other words, if that's the case, use a link to the product being sold by the business that helps support the forum).

Again, I might be missing some kind of fine point or other. But I don't see a problem with the product you posted a link to, because you needed to do so for purposes of clarification ("for reference") and I don't know of any of our sponsors selling the thing.

I've just had a look at their .PDF (available on their website) that purports to be the result of lab analysis. Suspiciously absent is the name of the lab. The author stated that "the drier, the better" - which only holds true to a certain extent, unless you're attempting to create powder (and have zero interest in curing your bud :rolleyes: ). The website text is a little sketchy, but that could be explained by the person being more familiar with Chinglish than English (or being a stoner who consumes while working, I suppose).

IDK. The concept is sound. But I see nothing about a humidity sensor, let alone something that might somehow detect the moisture content of any of the buds placed inside the device.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated.

Yes, I'm very skeptical about drying buds too fast. That's the whole point of curing etc. Is to do it SLOWLY. You don't want your buds to be ready for containers in less than 7 - 10 days, otherwise they dried too fast.

I'm thinking of just putting the damn thing on with one or two buds and seeing how that goes. Unless there's someone that's tried this product. I only bought it because it's a closed dryer. All the other options are open with no zip. And I need it to be closed now that the buds will be curing in the same room where bugs could be flying around.

Caution.
My buddy used a similar dryer and it malfunctioned and scorched his flowers badly. It may have been a George Foreman Dirt Weed Dryer (kidding). He found DrZiggy’s low and slow refrigerator dry process here and said he will only use a fridge to dry from now on. The buds turned out great! I’ll be using this dry method in a few weeks.
My two cents.

Caution.
My buddy used a similar dryer and it malfunctioned and scorched his flowers badly. It may have been a George Foreman Dirt Weed Dryer (kidding). He found DrZiggy’s low and slow refrigerator dry process here and said he will only use a fridge to dry from now on. The buds turned out great! I’ll be using this dry method in a few weeks.
My two cents.

Very interesting. I've only skimmed over the refrigerator method. Will for sure try that out!

Back
Top Bottom