40% humidity in dry room: Best way to dry?

metcalfr

Dry room is 40 percent humidity. Was planning on drying in my tent with my filtered fan on medium and a couple fans running at the bottom not directly on the weed. This is my first grow and trim etc ever. As a first time grower and my conditions, am I better off wet trimming, drying the plant whole or in pieces etc? Thanks for the input everyone.

Dry room is 40 percent humidity. Was planning on drying in my tent with my filtered fan on medium and a couple fans running at the bottom not directly on the weed. This is my first grow and trim etc ever. As a first time grower and my conditions, am I better off wet trimming, drying the plant whole or in pieces etc? Thanks for the input everyone.
I would leave it whole on the stems so it won’t dry as fast. I dry mine that exact same way using my grow tent.

If you can't get humidity higher than 40% id leave the leaves on it.
If you can raise humidity to 55-60% then wet trim.
You want the dry cycle to take at least 10 days.
I cut whole branches and hang upside down.
If you can keep an enclosed space at 60-62% humidity you can hang the bud and just keep it there for months it will dry to 60% then start curing.

40% a little low get it up closer to 60% if you can. Hanging whole plant the favored method. If it dries too fast you'll get a harsher smoke but the buzz won't change.

Right now is the perfect time of year (springtime rains) for slow drying at my house. I hang the plant in my back mud room, which is unheated and unairconditioned. The warm temps and the high humidity out there have allowed me to hang my last harvest for the better part of a week, and the branches are still not dry enough to separate the buds and move to the next stage.

In your situation with that fairly low humidity, I would not worry about fans... just hang it in your tent and see how many days you can get before it gets dry enough to move to the paper sack stage. All that air movement is going to cause a very quick dry... maybe too dry and too fast... be very careful.

I have a dehumidifier in my drying room that is used for the whole basement. I can always turn the humidifier down. Nothing but the best for my girls. Thanks for all of the replies. I am going to be very busy in about 10 days. Everyone has been so helpful and has helped me get through my first grow with flying colours thus far. I am giving them two days of darkness to see what happens. They have never been without light before as I did a 24hr of continuous light grow.

Right now is the perfect time of year (springtime rains) for slow drying at my house. I hang the plant in my back mud room, which is unheated and unairconditioned. The warm temps and the high humidity out there have allowed me to hang my last harvest for the better part of a week, and the branches are still not dry enough to separate the buds and move to the next stage.

In your situation with that fairly low humidity, I would not worry about fans... just hang it in your tent and see how many days you can get before it gets dry enough to move to the paper sack stage. All that air movement is going to cause a very quick dry... maybe too dry and too fast... be very careful.
Emilya, I am unaware of the paper sack stage. Sorry I have tried to wade through all of the info on curing and drying. I am intrigued. I only really know of curing in glass jars in a cool darkened area. Would you please give me some more info or a link.

Emilya, I am unaware of the paper sack stage. Sorry I have tried to wade through all of the info on curing and drying. I am intrigued. I only really know of curing in glass jars in a cool darkened area. Would you please give me some more info or a link.
the very old link is around here somewhere, because I learned the method years ago on this very forum. I go with drying on the branch to the snap when bent, but not breaking stage. It took me years to figure out what a proper snap was but now I know what to look for. I take a branch about a foot long and hold each end of it in one hand and slowly bring my hands toward the center, watch to see when the branch snaps and folds rather than bends. A wet branch will bend in a circle without snapping.

Once they are at this point, I snip each bud off of the main branches and drop them into a paper sack. The RH is still way over 80% at this point and they still need to dry out some more. I fold the paper sack down 3 times and put a clip on it to keep it closed. This paper version of a jar, allows some of the moisture to gather in the buds, but there is still enough airflow to allow a bit more evaporation of the excess moisture. I shake the bag a couple of times a day to break up the clumps and I reach in to feel the buds. I want them to feel crispy on the outside, and still moist on the inside. It typically takes 2-3 days in the sack to get to this point.

When I think I am feeling the correct "crispyness" on the buds, I put them in a jar and let it sit for 4 or 5 hours. If the RH rises up above 70%, I put them back in the bag for another 12 hours, and if below, I want to continue to dry the buds until it reads 64% in the jar. When I can maintain 64 or 65 in the jar overnight, they are ready to burp and cure... but as long as we are above that point, I am either putting them back in the sack or sitting them out on a tray for a few hours to get the RH where I want it to be.

Hello @metcalfr congratulations on your harvest. :goodjob:
When I harvest i remove fans and sugar leaves and let buds dry on the branch.
I hang them in the dark. 60-rh 60 -f with minimal air flow.
If you have the fans on in your tent it will dry them too quickly.
Minimal air flow is what I aim for.
4/5 days when little branches snap i jar the buds.
Keep up the good work my friend.
Bill

I keep changing my mind lol. Humidity is 60 percent now in the tent and 55 percent in the outside room. I kept one fan on low at the bottom and my filtration fan on low. I chopped the whole plant. I left them pretty much intact. My only concern is the amount of vegetation on my plants may cause mould. They are very thick with vegetation in the middle.

20210610_103223.jpg

20210610_103358.jpg

20210610_103423.jpg

20210610_104201.jpg

20210610_104204.jpg

20210610_104623.jpg

20210610_110618.jpg

20210610_110627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom