Drying the right way with little room

Savvage61

ok I won't go from the start.I am limited in room to dry cant use my tent due to alternating harvest .I used a closet without any control hot dry and dried way to quick. full of chlorophyll taking Potential good weed to mid-grade. I dont have any room except room for a
drying rack.jpeg
hanging rack in my bedroom I am wrapping it in a breathable black fabric along with 2 convert computer fans and a humidifier to keep the plants from drying to fast. I will attempt to keep Humidity in the room at 50% temp stays around 65-70. I know I have to wait till I can snap a stem., I also have a wood moister meter where you stick the 2 prongs in a bud and it gives you the in-bud moisture. I read it should be done when the meter hits 10 -12 percent (I believe they mean %)or the meter reads 12.
GGTDryer_small.png
some correct data and opinions would be greatly appreciated. I focus so much on the grow and choke at the finish. that needs to change, and I hope you guys can help
Thanks

I shoot for 60-65% humidity. It's harder for the plants to get too dry, if you dry them at the humidity you're shooting for in jars. Also it keeps them from drying out too fast and losing valuable terpenes. The cooler you can keep the closet the better. Cool temperatures help keep terpenes from evaporating off and will yield a superior final product.

Thx braddah, I was checking out your Journals the perlite is impressive, I appreciate the help Once I get a few grows under my belt I would like to try something like that. But I need to get more confident and better bud in soil I,m i n the middle of my 4th grow I think about how much I have learned with the help of fellow 420ers but every day I find I still need to learn a lot more
Thx

Your temps are Good , 65 is best but 70 is definitely do able. I would focus on the rh at least shoo for 55-60 ...if you dont have a humidifier you can put water in buckets that should help somewhat ... I would use the moisture meter instead of the snap ..I would shoot for around 10 and then get yourself some Grove bags ..forget the jars these bags are awesome ! If you go to their website look for custom order otherwise you will be looking at insane prices for 1000 ct lol .. after your flower is at the correct moisture content bag it and just seal the zip seal and check it several ours later and the next day (smell test) just to make sure its not to moist .... on day 2 if everything is good you wont believe the awesome aroma you are smelling , then heat seal the top ( there are other methods if you do not have an impluse sealer ) then put it away and forget about it for several weeks .

This is my first time using those bags ..and omg the sweetness of the flower is amazing ...as i was told its smells so good you would think you could eat it !!! The strain is Orange Hill Special by dutch passion ....

P.s with the temps around 65 and rh between 55-60 if your flower is still on branches it will take around 10-12 days for them to have the right moisture content ...mine hit on day 11 , i let them sit 1 more day before trimming and bagging .

Hope it helps !

Back
Top Bottom