VaporGenie Wooden Vs VaporStar

TheFallenLion

Learning Curve - Both should be able to be mastered within three sessions. I give the win in this category to VaporGenie. Whether by technique or by design, I find with the VaporStar you have a scorching of the plant material far more often, these are of course a reference to the last little bit left, but it's worth noting.

Ease Of Use - Both are very easy to operate once you've handled the learning curve, though slightly different the VaporStar seems to heat up faster, the VaporGenie taking longer. So for this category the win goes to the VaporStar for its zippier start up time, though it's only a slight advantage.

Safety - This is where the VaporGenie shines over the VaporStar, becuase of its design the VaporStar's top becomes extremely hot with prolonged use, to the point of actually requiring the tweezers that come included in its packaging. God forbid you actually mishandle that top one time while medicated, think 2nd to 3rd degree burns. Whereas the VaporGenie seems to stay cooler, and cool down faster, I have multiple times placed my finger inside the VaporGenie's rim on the lip to test this, and at best 1/10 times it was hot enough to warrant concern. The VaporGenie wins this section hands down

Form Factor - This is simple the VaporGenie with its classical pipe design vs what is essentially merely a bowl with a cap is a no brainer. I am very fond of the design of the VaporGenie, it's a well crafted device. Being that this is apples to oranges, I call an N/A on this category.

Portability - This is a category where VaporStar wins, as it's previously mentioned merely a bowl with cap, it can easily be put into the pocket and transported to where-so-ever there may be an appropriate smoking utensil. The VaporGenie can fit in a pocket, but it better be a nice comfy sizable one at that.

Cost - This is a hard category, the VaporStar comes with a mini water pipe, and the stem and cap, really you're paying for the stem and cap at around 50 dollars, the VaporGenie in this review is 55 with the shipping. Considering you can get a quality Milano mini bong for around 10 dollars and then plug a VaporStar into it, I question the value. The VaporGenie on the other hand with its solid worksmanship feels like a piece that is going to last, so I feel confident giving it the win.

Power - We need this category, here is the deal with everything else above, the fact remains that the glass mini bong that comes with the VaporStar when you have the learning curve down, does hit harder than the wooden VaporGenie. So in the potency category, the VaporStar wins, with the VaporGenie sagging behind about a lap.

Availability - Outside of the UK the VaporStar as far as I'm aware is not available in any US head shops. The VaporGenie on the other hand can be found at quality head shops all across the US. So the win on this goes to the VaporGenie.

However if you live in the UK and you don't want to wait for a VaporGenie no one would think ill of you to snatch a VaporStar.

Final Verdict

VaporGenie 4.8
VaporStar 4.5

I hope this helps others looking for an affordable vaporizer for their entry level.

If anyone owns either of the products, or has comments about the glass VaporGenie, feel free to make your thoughs known.

Re: VaporGenie (Wooden) vs VaporStar

Very nice review, I have actually been wondering how the VaporStar compares to the VaporGenie, and I'm glad I have the VG instead haha.

Yeah that's what drove me to get the VaporGenie having already owning the VapirStar, I have to say they both pale in comparison to the Vapir Oxygen Mini which can be had for a hundred dollars, just a few notes, do not buy the battery pack it's a rip off, know that eventually the unit will simply fall apart, and that the replacement parts are astronomically overpriced for what you get.

Example a replacement tip was 35, the heat shield which a glorified piece of molded plastic was 20 dollars....

Suffice to say, it hits like a champion for its price range but it's works man ship and durability leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks for the reply.

Update

I was feeling like an adventure, so I McGuyvered a Ledgers Cranberry plastic container into a gravity bong using a bucket and the VaporStar, and let me say after two hits and getting the flame down, I am on the Moon right now, I'm making typos every ten seconds and just fixing them for you people.

In the coming days I will update with a comparison to the VaporGenie, the details of my testing methods for obvious reasons will remain a mystery, fair to say, I've tried both those products, I have a cerebral high that is amazing right now, and a very nice pain relieving effect in the lower back. Highly recommended for migraines or back aches.

That Vapor Gravity hit, really just slams into your ailments.

thank you for the heads up, my husband needs to vaporize instead of smoke.

My exprerience of buying a Genie was a waste.It hits ok but the ability to keep a steady heat is a no-go.
Noodge420

Back
Top Bottom