Vent. Help

vwvr6pimp

Hey guys thanks in advance....

I was at lowes looking for exhaust fans for my grow tent..and came across a 250 cfm inline booster fan..my question is can I use this as my exhaust fan or do I actually have to a dedicated exhaust fan?

Thanks again

Is it one of those cheap duct fans meant to boost output to a bedroom or something? I bought an 8" one from Home Depot and on the box it says 500CFM which is complete hogwash. Someone added an extra 0.

its a suncourt inline booster fan....it seems to be sucking a good bit and blowing out good too..idk if its 250 cfm but when compared to my 90 cfm pc fans its def blowing and sucking more air...i was planning on using it to suck air tru my carbon filter

ill be using it for my grow tent...4*2*5 so 40 ft^3 right....if it really is 250 that should be chanign the air about 6 times a min...my main reason for using this is to keep temps down a little and suck air tru my filter so that it doesnt stink up the place

I looked up the Suncourt booster fans online and I agree. I wouldn't do it. But I'm a noob as well, so wait for a pro to confirm. There's just no way that is kicking out 250CFM.

Ventilation is one of the top things for grow success. You're gonna have to spend a bit of cash to get it dialed in. If you skimp you're gonna regret it later.
Go with a high powered fan. Either inline or squirrel cage type. The duct fans and comp fans don't really push the cfm they claim, especially when pulling through a scrubber.

:peace:

Marley

pulling air though a carbon filter is not the same as just exhausting free air, like a bathroom or cooktop hood blower is built to do. the filter cuases a lot of pressure/restriction that needs to be overcome, household fans just aren't designed to handle that sort of use.

here's what i use to exhaust mt tent...seems to work well, but i'm not using a filter or scrubber....it's one of those 8" duct fans.:rollit::peace:

tent_vent.JPG

ha i know right...i had a little dresser thing i made with ok results only used cfls...now i got my own place so i got myself a 400 w hps and mh deal...always spendinggg

Back
Top Bottom