Ventalation

vintner

I'm going to be starting a grow room in an outdoor storage shed as soon as the weather warms up. (Will probably start the plants inside first.) I plan to use fluros for lighting, and suplement CO2 by fermenting sugar w/brewers yeast, and to have an ocelating fan in the room. If I do all this, do I still need to provide ventilation? I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum, but this was one thing I wasn't really clear on.
Thanks Vin

Thanks HugeG. How long you been growing? Are you indoor or outdoor?
Do you think it would be necessary to provide ventilation near the end of the flowering stage to cut down on humidity and reduce the risk of mold?
I also have a couple of questions reguarding setting up my grow space that consern mold. The floor boards in this outdoor shed are always a little wet. I'm in the process of emptying the shed out now w/plans to move the plants out there near the end of April. I plan to make a separate grow box w/in the shed, (because it's a metal shed, and light gets in where the roof over laps the tops of the walls) but I also want to completely sanitize the inside of the shed itself because of the constant wet floor. If I use a bleach solution to do this, what consentration should I make it? Is there a better product on the market for killing off mold spores? I plan to dry the floor out as best I can w/a space heater and an industrial fan, and I will probably keep the fan on in there when ever I see that the floor is wet. The last question I have is... Do you think it's nessassary to resanitize the floor now and then while my plants are flowering if I see it gets really wet? And will a lot of bleach in the air affect my plants?
Sorry I'm so long winded. I only have a few bag seeds, so I want to give them the best chance I can afford. Thanks.
Vin

Back
Top Bottom