Ventilation help wooden grow box

ProDope

I have a grow box thats 2ft wide 4ft deep by 6ft tall for 48 cubic feet.Ive grown reggie in it with a cheap box fan but Im looking to make it look more professional on a tight budget. Im thinking 4 120mm computer fans for exhaust and maybe 1 or 2 for intake. It does have a shelf I just added for clones since Im about to grow some different stuff I want to keep around. How could I filter exhaust and can I make one? Odor isnt a big issue with me I just dont want all of my clothes to smell like some good dank lol. I will post pics of the box later today or tomorrow sometime.

I read this the other day, its all about how to calculate what speed/size fans to get for intake and outake.

https://www.--------.org/grow-room-design-setup/406726-all-air-guide-proper-ventilation.html

with your small space i think you could get away with 1 intake and 1 exhaust.i would do intake near bottom of one side (for cool air) and exhaust near top of other side.

i've never used pc fans for a grow but you could probably filter the air with basic AC filter screens you just cut to fit.

as for smell, you would need to exhaust to OUTSIDE your house. so you'd need ducting vented to outside and stronger fans than pc fans.

dont grow near your clothes, the smell just gets stronger during flowering and curing.

Well the box is in my room lol but I went out and bought a bigger dresser. I have a bathroom fan rigged into a home made duct and its keeping heat off the plants from 20 something CFLs. Do you know if I could replace it with an inline booster fan? Would it be any quieter? This bathroom fan is getting on my nerves now. I would post pics but both computers are down. And the father in law doesnt want anyone tracking IP adresses lol.

Back
Top Bottom