Ventilation help

Hey here are the pics maybe help you get the idea of what id need to do
gb11.jpg

gb21.jpg

gb3.jpg

good job on the pics.

yes, the exhaust fan would be up on top or high on one of the sides of the box and blowing air out.

the hole at the bottom will serve as an intake nicely, but when you flower your plant, you're going to need to make a light-trap for it, so light doesn't get in. Can be as easy as a piece of folded cardboard.

yep, as long as the hood prevents light from coming in.

Yes, you should run your fans 24/7.

I don't always run my circulation fan with lights-off while the plants are small, but the exhaust fan is on 24/7.

SS, do you think when we run our fan and try to get it to blow up unto the lights to keep the plants cool, actually has the reverse effect when we use the reflector/clamps with our cfl's? I say this only because the air will blow up into the lights and possibly get caught in the hood (reflector hoods not really vented)and be re-directed onto your plants before being pulled thru the filter. This only matters if the fan is on the floor and angled to blow onto your plants/lights. Or do you think the heat sacrifice if true, is relevant enough to keep the hoods as opposed to losing them and diminishing lumens being directed to your grow? Am I making any sense or am I a lil too stoned for 4:22am? LOL. Just wanted your thoughts on this as I don't recall reading anything discussing this possible heat issue.

Thanks a lot SettingSun, you've seemed to resolve any discrepancies I had, I'll make the necessary modification asap. And I'll keep you all posted on the grow!

SS, do you think when we run our fan and try to get it to blow up unto the lights to keep the plants cool, actually has the reverse effect when we use the reflector/clamps with our cfl's? I say this only because the air will blow up into the lights and possibly get caught in the hood (reflector hoods not really vented)and be re-directed onto your plants before being pulled thru the filter. This only matters if the fan is on the floor and angled to blow onto your plants/lights. Or do you think the heat sacrifice if true, is relevant enough to keep the hoods as opposed to losing them and diminishing lumens being directed to your grow? Am I making any sense or am I a lil too stoned for 4:22am? LOL. Just wanted your thoughts on this as I don't recall reading anything discussing this possible heat issue.

No, you're not too stoned for 4:22am. ;)

The fan blowing straight up setup works best with bare bulbs, because as you mention, there aren't any hoods to block airflow.

There is decreased efficiency blowing up at hoods and panels, because they block and disrupt the flow, but it's such an efficient setup cooling-wise, that it will still kick ass.

I just swapped out my 4" fans for some 9" (at lowest speed), and even blowing up into a 22" X 22" hood, it works really well.

You can blow air across the canopy sideways to help keep things cool, but it doesn't work nearly as well as straight up.

The ladies love it too, long as it's not too rough.

No, you're not too stoned for 4:22am. ;)

The fan blowing straight up setup works best with bare bulbs, because as you mention, there aren't any hoods to block airflow.

There is decreased efficiency blowing up at hoods and panels, because they block and disrupt the flow, but it's such an efficient setup cooling-wise, that it will still kick ass.

I just swapped out my 4" fans for some 9" (at lowest speed), and even blowing up into a 22" X 22" hood, it works really well.

You can blow air across the canopy sideways to help keep things cool, but it doesn't work nearly as well as straight up.

The ladies love it too, long as it's not too rough.

Thanks SS, I have 4-cfls hanging over each using three y connectors and a plug connector. I think the fan I have which is a 9" one may blow my bulbs all over the place even on the low setting it is really strong in my 24''x24''x64''. I'll leave it on the outside for now. Thanks for your input, glad to hear that with a smaller fan I can have it blow straight up to help with the cooler airflow.

Hey guys, this is the result of my first grow experience. Her name is Sheila, what do you guys think?
rsz_sheila4.jpg

rsz_sheila5.jpg

The bracelet is for Tourette's Sydrome-visit tsa-usa.org
rsz_sheila3.jpg

Me and Sheila
rsz_me_and_sheila.jpg

I think Sheila is very cute with her narrow sativa-lookin' leaves and beautiful green foliage.

nice job!

:welldone: I second that! She looks good. I was just messing around and found my subscribed threads. LOL. Looks like I'm just in time. Look forward to seeing more photos. BTW my girl is in her fifth week of flowering and she has grown slow but surely. Setting Sun do you have the Hempy thread link? I need to get on that one. I have one in the same tent with my dwc, and she has preflowers but no buds forming. I am thinking she must be craving more light. Since the big girl is so large. But her leaves are beautiful standing about 15" high and in her fifth week of 12/12 from seed. She has two 42 watt 2700k cfl's above her and two 27watt 2700k to her left. Since I placed the 42 watts above her she has sprouted more preflowers and grown a little more. I use osmocote+ in pearlite w/2.5gal bucket w/a damn hole in it. lol. Thanks in advance.

good job on adding the two 42w cfl's, they do need more light in bloom to do well.

here's a link to the local hempy thread:

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/guide-hempy-just-put-hole-bucket.121141/

Thanks for the thread SS. I am constantly trying to see how to add more light to the current set up. It's a challenge with the dwc being a lil over 4' tall (not inc. 5 gal bucket :) and still bushy wide , she smells sweet kinda like bubble gum. I love it especially for bagseed. You are partly responsible for any success with this grow SS, among several other supporting members! Thanks again and again.

Please help ah, my plant rapid growth caused it to reach the lights before I realized and some of the top leaves got burned. What will this do, can she heal from it?

Back
Top Bottom