Venting tent into groom when intaking air from outside

heisenberg201

Hey guys. Thanks in advance for any replies. Basically Im looking to put a DR 240 in a tent in my spare room. What im thinking is if i have active intake from the window then can i vent the air from the tent into the room with the tent in it as all the air in the tent will be coming from external source. It will be two 600's that ill be using. The room with the tent in it getting too hot shouldnt be a problem I think as cold air will be brought into the tent from outside. I will have my lights on from 7 pm -7 am or somthing like that so it will be on at night bringing in cold air. I live in Ireland about 10 miles from the coast so it does get pretty cold in Winter. Maybe around 0 degrees at night time for a period of time in winter. Will this air be too cold to be brought into the tent or will it be ok seeing as im running 1200 watts. I will be growing in two coolers hydroponically with 1 plant under each light.

I will also be using a twin fan controller to switch off intake and exhaust fans when it gets too cold/hot. will this cause air to leak from the tent causing room to smell of weed. I will be using carbon filter but worried bout air leaking when fans get switched off

As we are in spring time aproaching summer near the UK night time temps are warming up so they for the intake air temp should not be a problem :thumb:

As for winter thats a tad hard to say but might suspect problems adversely lowing temps with in the grow chamber... could well be deprimental to plant health !

You may wish to look at other sources of intake air whilst in the winter months.

Odour control can be off set with use of odour gels/blocks air purifiers etc etc carbon filters only do so much !

As we are in spring time aproaching summer near the UK night time temps are warming up so they for the intake air temp should not be a problem :thumb:

As for winter thats a tad hard to say but might suspect problems adversely lowing temps with in the grow chamber... could well be deprimental to plant health !

You may wish to look at other sources of intake air whilst in the winter months.

Odour control can be off set with use of odour gels/blocks air purifiers etc etc carbon filters only do so much !

So the carbon filter wouldnt kill the smell completely? Would the odour gels work to kill the rest of it. I know the exhaust is supposed to be high but what if i had the intake high and the exhaust on opposite side of tent at bottom. That way wouldnt the cold air thats entering through the top be sucked down through the lights and getting warmer before reaching the plants and finally exhausting from the bottom? Any input welcome

The carbon filter only works when your pushing/pulling air through it. If your fans go off, the air will creep out of your tent as is. Also, every time you open and close that tent to work on your garden you'll have odor leak. Gels help mask the odor but they dont eliminate it. Another thing to consider regarding gels is that some brands like Ona are synonymous w/ cannabis and only useful for concealment w/ the unassuming parent/friend/neighbor. If I smell Ona in someone's home I know there is a good chance they have something cannabis related--plants, flowers, or both.

As for venting, winter seems so far off that I would experiment with climate control now so you can see what works and what doesnt.

So the carbon filter wouldnt kill the smell completely?

Not completely.

Would the odour gels work to kill the rest of it.

Pretty much... i would certianly advise the use of odour gels if worryed about certain pongs 'n' niffs floating about the home !

I know the exhaust is supposed to be high but what if i had the intake high and the exhaust on opposite side of tent at bottom. That way wouldnt the cold air thats entering through the top be sucked down through the lights and getting warmer before reaching the plants and finally exhausting from the bottom? Any input welcome

Hot air rise's... tis a fact of life !

Cold air sinks !

Extraction fan should be placed at top of grow tent to be optimal effecient as it best can by removing warm air...

Intake fan or passive vent should be at base of grow tent this allows a marginal temp change around the growing enviroment supporting better growth.

Back
Top Bottom