Very dry and brown top leaves

L A RAY

420 Member
Hi all, I have four pineapple chunk growing in a 5 gallon hydro bubbler was all going well until about four weeks into 12/12. pH is always a steady 6.4 using advanced nutrients connoisseur ph perfect, humidity fluctuates between 45 to 60 and temps fluctuate from 70 to 89. First 2/3 weeks of flower looked good but now leaves look awful, buds are very sticky and not drying out just the leaves and from the top. Using a 620 watt LED at maximum height for room and only have about 16 inches clearance from buds hope the pictures load up if they do the fist one will be just before 12/12 and the next about 2 weeks in and then about 3/4 weeks in

2176D5AD-6278-4E26-AF5C-BDF870787E21.jpeg

223EE7C5-51C5-4227-BC03-C507826F3DD7.jpeg

19A3A49D-1E1C-48CE-ACD2-301B50C1F5F7.jpeg

3FE4D1B5-B777-4F65-8132-5BEFEACC5A0B.jpeg

9EBBC23B-A508-47CD-9BBE-8828BBB355CF.jpeg

Hey LA Ray,

Weocome to 420! Thats too much heat 89 is high temps for indoors unless you are running CO2. See if you can dim the light or add cooling or ventilation and bring the temps down to about 80 max. The damage is already done so the crispy leaves will not recover - look to new growth for signs of recovery.

Plants do experience senescence or color chance as they draw near to harvest but suspect temps kinda pushed her leaves a bit too hard. I’ve heard of AN but never ran their products - is there provisions for calcium & magnesium included in the products you use?

How old are they in last pic??

my 2 cents - please consider all other opinions

Hey LA Ray,

Weocome to 420! Thats too much heat 89 is high temps for indoors unless you are running CO2. See if you can dim the light or add cooling or ventilation and bring the temps down to about 80 max. The damage is already done so the crispy leaves will not recover - look to new growth for signs of recovery.

Plants do experience senescence or color chance as they draw near to harvest but suspect temps kinda pushed her leaves a bit too hard. I’ve heard of AN but never ran their products - is there provisions for calcium & magnesium included in the products you use?

Thanks will try and keep the temps Down if I can, do you think the buds will still be ok and still fatten out or will they be damaged by this

looks good to me - as long as she’s got fresh fluffy pistils on those buds then she is still packing on weight

just checking on something so pardon my sniffing around but you are bringing cool air into the bottom of the tent and then pushing hot air out up top with an extraction fan right? That filter looks suspect because of its placement in the middle of the tent..... to control the heat the top of the tent needs to have the warm air drawn out quickly anyway just commenting

wow :thedoubletake: hot hot .Great advice there and welcome. In door grows so much hassle in the summer even with leds.
I refuse to get an aircon.I have gone from 100% lighting to 75% over past few days.
Hey LA Ray,

Hi all, I have four pineapple chunk growing in a 5 gallon hydro bubbler was all going well until about four weeks into 12/12. pH is always a steady 6.4 using advanced nutrients connoisseur ph perfect, humidity fluctuates between 45 to 60 and temps fluctuate from 70 to 89. First 2/3 weeks of flower looked good but now leaves look awful, buds are very sticky and not drying out just the leaves and from the top. Using a 620 watt LED at maximum height for room and only have about 16 inches clearance from buds hope the pictures load up if they do the fist one will be just before 12/12 and the next about 2 weeks in and then about 3/4 weeks in

2176D5AD-6278-4E26-AF5C-BDF870787E21.jpeg

223EE7C5-51C5-4227-BC03-C507826F3DD7.jpeg

19A3A49D-1E1C-48CE-ACD2-301B50C1F5F7.jpeg

3FE4D1B5-B777-4F65-8132-5BEFEACC5A0B.jpeg

9EBBC23B-A508-47CD-9BBE-8828BBB355CF.jpeg
There coming up to about 12 weeks old on the 5th june

looks good to me - as long as she’s got fresh fluffy pistils on those buds then she is still packing on weight

just checking on something so pardon my sniffing around but you are bringing cool air into the bottom of the tent and then pushing hot air out up top with an extraction fan right? That filter looks suspect because of its placement in the middle of the tent..... to control the heat the top of the tent needs to have the warm air drawn out quickly anyway just commenting
Yes that’s as high as I can get my filter as it’s in the attic and a struggle with height it’s a passive air intake coming in from the bottom got two fans in there moving the air as best as possible

Back
Top Bottom