Weed seedling has brown spots?

charlienumba9

My plant is only about 10 days in. I'm growing in a solo cup with Nature Care Organic MG Potting Soil. I watered last night with distilled water at a ph level about 6.0. Im growing under 3 BrightWhite 72W CFL at about 10 in away from the light on a 12/12 light cycle. Plant was looking perfect and healthy till I saw the brown spots this morning on the very first leaves that the plant had grown, what is this problem and how can I fix it? Please and thank you!

Welcome...There are lots of problems there.

Make sure your solo cup has drain holes and the water is running off you add and wait for it to be dry before watering.

The main problem is the distilled water. The leads immediately to calcium deficiency. You can pick up Cal/Mag supplement at any grow store.

I would not use distilled water. Is that your only option? It is much better to find a decent chlorimate filter (which are everywhere) and try using normal water in general. That is assuming you have access to common water. I don't, I have pristine water and need not bother at all. Most people must filter their water.

Best of luck!

Oh yeah and you can't "Fix it" those leave are damaged as they grew that way. If you fix the problem the new growth will show improvement.

I agree the grower should be sure to have drainage holes however I disagree on the distilled water being the main issue.
Personally I grow in a premixed organic soil and use only distilled water for the first few weeks of life without issues.
It's really hard to say what the issue is without seeing any photos of your plant. Growing in MG can be harsh for the younger stages of plant life. Could you add a photo?
If could be something simple like you splashed the leaves when watering at some point. The damage from that can look like a rust spot later on.

420-magazine-mobile2080275036.jpg

I normally would remove these leaves once the plant starts to grow but I missed this one some how.

Definitely hard to say without pics but there was a time when I would answer this post 3 or 4 times a week...with pics...I may be wrong and I really don't care but it's always the pH and the too empty water.

If they have decent medium the pH is the issue.

Good luck.

Definitely hard to say without pics but there was a time when I would answer this post 3 or 4 times a week...with pics...I may be wrong and I really don't care but it's always the pH and the too empty water.

If they have decent medium the pH is the issue.

Good luck.

You could very well be right with the ph issue. I didn't mean to discredit what you thought could be the problem .
I just meant that distilled water has always been enough for the first 2 weeks in my medium.

Back
Top Bottom