ViparSpectra LED Grow Light Discussions & Photography

driver needs to be removable.
Long power cord.
And not seen many that are not sqaure.
Maybe one of the new ones rectangle?

PS. just so happens i have a large tent in my loft.
that would love to come out and play again.
But only for the right light wink wink.

Okay, can't help to share more details about our new bar light. When we're all ready, I would!!!
For a long power cord, how long is suitable? Is that depending on the size of the light and the tent?
And about the shape, what kind of shape do you think is better?
How large is your tent? hahaha

Guys your killing me… I’m literally smack dab in the middle of deciding on a new light and I was 95% convinced of the light to buy… Now another great and reputable light company comes out with a bar light…. If @ViparSpectra debits a bar light for 2x4 tent…. I may scream in horror!!! Your killing my ocd!!! Haha I literally stole a paper tablet from my kids to write out the pros and cons of 15 lights!!! Now another to the mix…. :lot-o-toke:
Haha, so what are the main points when you choose a new light? As I know, we have a new bar light for a 3x3 tent.

Oh wow! Your coming out with a Bar Light?!! That's awesome!

My two big points:

1. Power (actual watts)
2. light spread/penetration

There is no question on quality, after trying the P4000, I'm extremely impressed with ViparSpectra!
Thank you for your like.
About the power and light spread/penetration, could you please tell us more details?

Thank you for your like.
About the power and light spread/penetration, could you please tell us more details?

Nothing overly complicated! I like a light that produces, and that takes energy. It's one thing that catches many people's eyes, how much energy it draws from the wall.

Light spread is the footprint (area it covers) and penetration speaks to how deeply into the canopy that light gets.

Nothing overly complicated! I like a light that produces, and that takes energy. It's one thing that catches many people's eyes, how much energy it draws from the wall.

Light spread is the footprint (area it covers) and penetration speaks to how deeply into the canopy that light gets.
Thank you for your sharing, it makes me more clear about what kind of lights you need and what we need to R&D.:green_heart::green_heart:

5x5 the tent in my loft. ;)
I would say 2 meter at least.
Most people i have seen and myself.
Use the top of the tent for the drivers.
Or mount them on something outside the tent.
Maybe have a extension which could be removed.
If the customer does not want the length.
That way everyone is happy.
And if you wanted to make a few extra $$ sell them also.(extensions) ;)
Okay, can't help to share more details about our new bar light. When we're all ready, I would!!!
For a long power cord, how long is suitable? Is that depending on the size of the light and the tent?
And about the shape, what kind of shape do you think is better?
How large is your tent? hahaha
Also about shape.
I would as already said make a rectangle model and well as sqaure.
Like your XS/P lights in shape.Not many on the market but loads of tents that are rectangle.
Also wattage to keep up with the rest 1000/800/500/400 wattage , out do the rest with your min max models.

5x5 the tent in my loft. ;)
I would say 2 meter at least.
Most people i have seen and myself.
Use the top of the tent for the drivers.
Or mount them on something outside the tent.
Maybe have a extension which could be removed.
If the customer does not want the length.
That way everyone is happy.
And if you wanted to make a few extra $$ sell them also.(extensions) ;)

Also about shape.
I would as already said make a rectangle model and well as sqaure.
Like your XS/P lights in shape.Not many on the market but loads of tents that are rectangle.
Also wattage to keep up with the rest 1000/800/500/400 wattage , out do the rest with your min max models.
Hi, thank you for the information. I will send the details to our team. :green_heart::green_heart:

49 days of flower, Grown under 2 pc XS1500, Nice Growing!
“Went a little overboard on light, some top tips started to get burned. Had to take off all of the adjustable ratchets and mount the lights right on the top of the tent.
Put the bucket on a box to raise it up so top of plant was ~16" from lights.

pH started to go a little crazy this week so started weekly res changes (instead of every 2-3 weeks)
Started to struggle keeping RH where I wanted for appropriate VPD.”
7.jpg

Your in for a real treat with this light.

I'm coming near the end of my first grow under the ViparSpectra P4000. And if you haven't already taken a stop in my journal, feel free to do so, everyone is welcome, and feel free to comment or ask any questions!

Looks amazing @Rexer. Fingers crossed for mine looking anywhere near as good.

Thank you for sharing your way with us, do we need to control the temperature?
Maybe the longer extension would give options. I use the heat from the drivers in winter so for my situation I want them as is made but when summer arrives, to be able to take them out of the room would also be a good option. There is already a similar option with another manufacturer and it is a very good option. Win-win

Heres my ladies on day 36 flowering under the p4000
20211109_185020.jpg
20211109_182843.jpg
20211109_182715.jpg
20211109_182613.jpg
20211109_124900.jpg
20211109_124414.jpg

Maybe the longer extension would give options. I use the heat from the drivers in winter so for my situation I want them as is made but when summer arrives, to be able to take them out of the room would also be a good option. There is already a similar option with another manufacturer and it is a very good option. Win-win

20211109_185020.jpg
20211109_182843.jpg
20211109_182715.jpg
20211109_182613.jpg
20211109_124900.jpg
20211109_124414.jpg
That tent is looking beautifully packed! :green_heart:

I’m a 2x4x5ft tent guy. I have two currently and I’m about to get a 4x4 to replace one 2x4 tent
We also have light bigger than the one for 3x3 tent, I will share the details to you after I received.

20211109_185020.jpg
20211109_182843.jpg
20211109_182715.jpg
20211109_182613.jpg
20211109_124900.jpg
20211109_124414.jpg
The big harvest is coming soon. How many plants did you grow under the P4000 LED grow light?

She looks happy under P2000.
#P2000 #Applelicious

9.jpg
15.jpg

That tent is looking beautifully packed! :green_heart:
Thanks rexer. I love a good scrog grow and seeing yours is a right tease for me. Lol I need the mobility of pots sadly so find I cant scrog the space without losing coverage as I am limited with an awful apex loft space and getting to the back of the room too. Normally i am a big fan of quadlining my ladies but chose a run of autos last year and got trapped into the ease and perpetual run . I find i can still have mobility and a similar canopy to a scrogging ( only similar though !) Seeing yours does get the juices flowing though. Lol nice job

The big harvest is coming soon. How many plants did you grow under the P4000 LED grow light?
Currently there are 6 autos running under it. They are in 30L tall pots but I also used l.s.t initially to keep them lower and more horizontal growing. It easily covers all of them at the height of 18" . I have good penetration to the lower growth that has not been blocked by leaf growth. Buds have been growing daily at a very acceptable rate. The buds are nicely compact so far and while strain plays a huge role in this , lighting also has a big factor to add on the density of the final nugs. I am confident after the great results from the xs1500 I used and the results that little beauty gave me. With about 4 weeks to go now and the frost really starting to build up , I expect a winter wonderland of sparkling bud trees for the Christmas holidays. Lol

On the RnD side of things. A simple graphic of a seed , a seedling , a small vegging plant and a flower at the appropriate places on the power controller could help new growers to navigate the correct power setting out of the box. Many of us dont read the little books that come with the lights ,besides an initial scan through or get a little confused as to which setting is best for the plants they are looking down at in their rooms. Just a simple thought that pipped popped up. Maybe the last hour of the lights on setting could gradually reduce power to off to aid the plants rest periods starting and the opposite for the on period with the power building to the set level over the 1st hour. Waking them up and putting them to sleep gently as the sun does each day. It could be a setting applied by a switch for those that would rather have a non natural On/Off setting as we do now on nearly every light manufacturers build. Sounds a little hippy I know but as we are attempting to fool the plants into believing they are in a natural habitat with every other aspect of our growing environment, it seems like we have missed every important one and shock them awake and asleep each daily cycle. I know I dont perform too well if I am shaken awake and expected to perform from opening my eyes and I certainly dont drop to sleep as soon as the light goes off either!!!!. Heehee. Just a thought . Be well and prosperous.

Currently there are 6 autos running under it. They are in 30L tall pots but I also used l.s.t initially to keep them lower and more horizontal growing. It easily covers all of them at the height of 18" . I have good penetration to the lower growth that has not been blocked by leaf growth. Buds have been growing daily at a very acceptable rate. The buds are nicely compact so far and while strain plays a huge role in this , lighting also has a big factor to add on the density of the final nugs. I am confident after the great results from the xs1500 I used and the results that little beauty gave me. With about 4 weeks to go now and the frost really starting to build up , I expect a winter wonderland of sparkling bud trees for the Christmas holidays. Lol

On the RnD side of things. A simple graphic of a seed , a seedling , a small vegging plant and a flower at the appropriate places on the power controller could help new growers to navigate the correct power setting out of the box. Many of us dont read the little books that come with the lights ,besides an initial scan through or get a little confused as to which setting is best for the plants they are looking down at in their rooms. Just a simple thought that pipped popped up. Maybe the last hour of the lights on setting could gradually reduce power to off to aid the plants rest periods starting and the opposite for the on period with the power building to the set level over the 1st hour. Waking them up and putting them to sleep gently as the sun does each day. It could be a setting applied by a switch for those that would rather have a non natural On/Off setting as we do now on nearly every light manufacturers build. Sounds a little hippy I know but as we are attempting to fool the plants into believing they are in a natural habitat with every other aspect of our growing environment, it seems like we have missed every important one and shock them awake and asleep each daily cycle. I know I dont perform too well if I am shaken awake and expected to perform from opening my eyes and I certainly dont drop to sleep as soon as the light goes off either!!!!. Heehee. Just a thought . Be well and prosperous.
Well done:thumb::thumb:

11 weeks FLO under (2x)XS1500, Harvest time!
"Still struggled with pH while she continued to fatten up. Started to foxtail on the top due to light so I turned them down to ~60%
Trichs were not going cloudy, pulled a tester nug, dried it quick and it does pack a wallop, fairly nice sativa high.

Fought daily with pH but wanted those trichomes to mature."
16.jpg
17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom