Visualizing the Destructor

Mercury Trismagistus

"Have you ever heard of a government program called MK ULTRA?"

'Well no Doc, I can't say that I have. Does it have something to do with the Philosophy Department here?'

"In a sense my young friend...in a sense. Our work under this program requires a degree of open mindedness and out of the box thinking that we feel is best suited to those who are used to encountering new concepts and systems of thought."

'I see Doctor, but what exactly will be my job here?'

Doctor Somadose just smiled as he got up from his desk and walked over to a white metal cabinet along the far wall of the lab. He removed a small glass vial, a syringe, and a box of sugar cubes, and came back over to where the Counselor was sitting.

"Our Techno-Scientists have discovered a new class of organically produced compounds that have the capacity to hurl a man's consciousness into the void that exists outside the four dimensional space-time continuum. We have tentatively labeled it as the Negative Zone. These are a new class of Cannabinoids that have a technical designation of Delta-THcP-TnT. But the Cleracy has opted to label the most powerful one among them as Substance D. It is estimated to have fifty thousand times the potency of Delta-9. Do you understand what this means?"

The Counselor looked at Doctor Somadose in silence for a few moments. He didn't want to appear ignorant and he really needed the job. So he just decided to bluff his way through.

'Sounds good to me Doc. I never liked to put off anything till tomorrow that is better done today, if you know what I mean. That is why I have an outstanding work record. When can we get started?'

Doctor Somadose just smiled silently at him for minute.

"You are a card after my own heart sir, you are indeed. But there is just one small matter that we still have to discuss first."

'What's that, Doc?'

Doctor Somadose got up and opened the viewport on the wall that looked out onto the Lunar Surface. The broken chunks of blue glass that littered the Sea of Rainbows reflected the rays of the setting sun off the metallic sides of the Moon Base and the alien ruins that lay beyond.

"Never visualize the Destructor my young Padawan. I only ever did it once, but I think I got away with it."

Project MKUltra (or MK-Ultra) is the code name given to a program of experiments on human subjects that were designed and undertaken by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which were illegal.[1][2][3] Experiments on humans were intended to develop procedures and identify drugs such as LSD to be used in interrogations in order to weaken the individual and force confessions through brainwashing and psychological torture. The project was organized through the Office of Scientific Intelligence of the CIA and coordinated with the United States Army Biological Warfare Laboratories.[4] Other code names for drug-related experiments were Project Bluebird and Project Artichoke.[5][6]

The operation was officially sanctioned in 1953, reduced in scope in 1964 and further curtailed in 1967. It was officially halted in 1973.

Back
Top Bottom