Washington State at work

pointbud

I'm new to 420 and at present don't grow. However, with the new law passed in WA state I'm considering applying for a producers licence. It's a long shot, but heh so is the lottery. Is it possible to grow a good, commercially viable crop the first time out?

Also is anyone giving suggestions to WSLCB?

met

I'm new to 420 and at present don't grow. However, with the new law passed in WA state I'm considering applying for a producers licence. It's a long shot, but heh so is the lottery. Is it possible to grow a good, commercially viable crop the first time out?

Also is anyone giving suggestions to WSLCB?

met
Yep if you can grow tomatoes you can grow cannabis. The licenses are fairly expensive and its going to be a year before the Liquor Control Board starts issuing permits. Just do a lot of reading and decide what system you're going to use for growing and start pricing the equipment. And no matter what the state law is I would stay under 100 plants to make sure the feds don't take an interest in you. A lot of times when local law enforcement finds a larger grow they will call in the DEA because the sentences are much stiffer and its just about impossible to fight a case in federal court.

The process in WA is fairly interesting already.

The Washington State Liquor Control Board, thenceforth known as WSLCB, are actively working on I-502. You are only partially correct - the WSLCB have one year, until Dec. 7, 2013. But by that date the complete system has to be in place. The retail sales outlets open their doors for Christmas!.
Before that date, they have to issue licences to the producers, the processors, the decide on retailers. This is an aggressive schedule. Members of the WA State Legislator have already SUGGESTED that the WSLCB should slow down. The response is pretty much "...then you need to change the law...".

To show that they are serious, the WSLCB is actively looking for management for I-502, plus are hiring consultants by the end of January.

The copy below is from their website,

Requests for Proposals Registration
The WSLCB anticipates that it will release Request for Proposals (RFP) K430 for Initiative 502 Consulting Services on January 15, 2013. The RFP will be posted on the State's online vendor registration and bidder notification system, Washington's Electronic Business Solution (WEBS).

Important: Vendors interested in responding to RFP K430 must register and download the RFP document from WEBS.

RFP Registration:
Please visit: WEBS Registration & Search Tips to register and/or obtain additional information about WEBS. For questions about WEBS and the registration process, please contact WEBS customer service at (360) 902-7400 or WEBSCustomerService@des.wa.gov.

The WSLCB expects to post RFP K430 under the WEBS Commodity Codes listed below. To ensure your firm receives RFP K430 notifications, please ensure to register under at least one (1) of the Commodity Code(s) below applicable to your firm:

Commodity Code
Description
918-09
Agricultural Consulting
918-12
Analytical Studies & Surveys
918-32
Consulting Services - Not Otherwise Classified
918-58
Governmental Consulting
918-62
Horticultural Consulting
918-75
Management Consulting

Please note: The WEBS system is utilized by all Washington State agencies. By registering in WEBS, your firm will also receive email notification(s) for bids posted under the commodity code(s) for which your firm registers. Thank you for your interest in doing business with the state of Washington.

RFP Tentative Timeline
The WSLCB is seeking a consultant for various aspects of the implementation of Initiative 502. The below is a tentative timeline for that process.

Date (2013)
Milestone
Jan. 11
WSLCB Listserv notice
Jan. 15
RFP is publicly released via WEBS
Jan. 30
Bidders Conference (Tacoma site TBD).
Feb. 15
2:00 p.m. deadline for bids
Mar. 04
Completion of bid/vendor review and scoring process
Mar. 05
Apparent successful vendor announced via WSLCB listserv, etc.
Mar. 15
Award contract

As always, for more information on the implementation of Initiative 502, please visit our website at Washington State Liquor Control Board.

Anyone who is qualified should look into this.

These will be some of the first decent jobs in legalized marijuana, and this is definitely the ground floor.

Back
Top Bottom