Water Farm Reservoir Question

tucker99

Just started my grow and planted a germinated seed yesterday. All my research about these things tells me in about 4-weeks she'll be drinking about 1/2 gal water per day. I have to be out of town for 3-days mid September. Instead of getting another res and tying it in I was thinking of just filling my res up to the rim well past the 2-gal limit, about 3-4 gallons. This will submerge much of the hydroton in my grow chamber. To all you waterfarmers out there, do you think I'll see any problems with my grow when I come back?

Simple solution will be to add a passive reservoir.... That's the simple solution... A ten gal ice chest would be good for a week.. Just remove the sight/drain tube and connect it to the drain hole in the ice chest with 1/2 tubing..... The hydroton really should be above the water line a little... If you did it your way, the only thing you'll think about while you're gone is, how's my plant doing.... What if for some reason it turned in to a 5 day trip.... As long as my bills get payed on time, i don't worry about things that are more than 10 days out... It's a God given gift...:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom