Watering and light question

gsahly1094

I bought a flourescent light its pretty low wattage, but i was planning on leaving the light on the plants about a week after they have spourted. I was planning on leaving the light schedule 18/6 for a few weeks then switching over to 12/12. I am going to buy a 400 watt halide light would one light be ok for like 4-6 plants or should i buy 2 400 watt or just go with a 1000 watt? Also after a week should i take the flourescent light off and switch over to the halide i was watching a video and it says you can leave the the halide on through out the grow cycle. Would it be ok to put the halide light 2 feet above the plants? Also a question about watering should i leave the soil damp at all times through out the grow cycl i have pots with drainage holes. If anyone could these q's for me that would be really appreciated thanks

Will one 400 watt halide light work for 4-6 plants though? Or will i need two? Also can i pick the buds if they aren't ready i was reading and they say pick them when they 2/3 of the hairs are brown what if you pick them before this and dry them will you still have good bud?

yeah i was watching a video and they say it is good to use the hps when flowering but they also said you can use the halide through the whole cycle on the video i was watching, but i dont know if i want to buy an hps and halide light, if i just used halide would one or 2 400 watt lights work for like 4-6 plants, and can you pick the buds early and dry them out, like would it still be good?

rds_sk8er420 said:
theres always the option of the duel light it works with both. so you can have both bulbs and have the hps for maximum color.
Yeah the light manufacturer charges you $50.00 to $60.00 more to install a .50cent toggle switch.

gsahly1094---I myself would go with a HPS and just use it throughout the grow. Less money that way. If your grow room can handle the heat and you can afford it, get and use the 1000watter. It's almost impossible to add too much light and if you can handle it, why not?:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom