Watering master of disaster

just because a bottle says made from organic material doesn't make it organic , 95 % of the nutrients in a bottle are chelated in some way , its a sneeky way of marketing their products , so its a chemical fertilizer , dry o.m.r.i. designated products are what you want , worm casting , compost , are organic and don't need to be cooked 1st , where as bat guano , dolomite lime , meals of any kind (alfalfa ,kelp ) all need to be cooked before you add your plants to the soil , the microbes will make these organic items available for your plants but it must be done before you plant , this is a soup style of growing organic and synthetic , it doesn't work out well , one or the other style , and don't worry about ph if you grow true organically , all i would do is 1/2 cup of worm casting for these plants , your water has to be pure (under 50 ppm ) city water has too much shit in it for pot grown plants , its ok for outside growing but not inside organic pot grown plants, it probably has chloramine and chlorine in it , chloramine does not dissipate off , distilled or r.o. ,rain water , is all you can use inside anything else kills off your micro beasties ,so now the stuff you added are not available to your plants , make a compost tea for them , keep the ppm of your tea below 100 ppm (dilute your tea ).organic growing is about feeding the soil (micro beasties ) not the plant its a whole new mind set of growing , the micro beasties feed the plant .T.L.O. GROWING by the REV. is a great book for knowledge if you wanna grow organically , best 30 bucks you will spend , it really changed my way of growing . now i just water my plants with r.o. water and about every 3 weeks i give them a compost tea , (worm casting , crushed dolomite lime , insect frasse and r.o. water , thats it ) bubble for 24 hrs , dilute to 100 ppm and feed .dont worry about ph .
Thank you so much. Really, you didn’t have to take the time to write all of that with me and I really appreciate it.

I just got the e book of TLO now. Will begin studying it right away and I’m excited haha.

My water at home is literally 0ppm. I thought my pen wasn’t working at first but it’s right. I aerate it for 24hrs prior to watering however I’m not sure if I have chloramine in it.. I do have a great filter which is meant to get everything out, do you think something like this could work?

Also, I’d added worm castings to these girls a week or so ago but it just doesn’t seem to be making any difference.

Again, thank you for the advice. Shame I’ve just purchased all of these “organic” nutrients.. guess my next few runs will be on the synthetic side while I study this book and prepare for proper organic growing.

Depends on where you live but the government in canada and the u.s.a. both post if they use chlorine or chloramine in their water just google the city and state(province )for city water tests , when it comes to organic teas or worm castings or any soil additive that is organic , think 10 - 14 days out before you will see any improvement , mother nature moves but a lot slower , so when feeding organically , i always give them a small amount 2 weeks before they go into flower of a tea that is a little higher in phosphorus and potassium , calcium and magnesium knowing they need more of these nutes in flower and less nitrogen , i buy gia green organic flower boom , 2 table spoons on top of my mulch and just water that in , knowing its gonna take the best part of 2 weeks to be available for my plants , i keep doing this right up to the last week of harvest , you don't need to flush your plants when all you feed them is organic stuff , just make sure the package of what you give your plants has the o.m.r.i. logo on it and you are good to go , small amount more often is the secret to organic growing and a 14 day mind set for you to expect any kind of results of what you did 2 weeks ago , you need to be thinking ahead , the microbes need time to make the additives available for you plants hence the delay , 1 table spoon of unsulphured mollasses in 4 lt of water is a good fix for a magnesium deficiency but only once in veg and once in flower , this is strong stuff but it needs awhile to be available for you plants again .

Back
Top Bottom