Watering Question

I looked it up turns out it's 110-250 ppm, so idk. I didn't test it. I just used it. I do notice it does have a some small amounts of sodium, and negligible amounts of other minerals, it is dubbed natural spring water, I suppose for a reason lmao. I guess I will be switching waters soon, I bought 4 gallons at the store yesterday, so I'm just gonna have to use em.

I looked it up turns out it's 110-250 ppm, so idk. I didn't test it. I just used it. I do notice it does have a some small amounts of sodium, and negligible amounts of other minerals, it is dubbed natural spring water, I suppose for a reason lmao. I guess I will be switching waters soon, I bought 4 gallons at the store yesterday, so I'm just gonna have to use em.
Yeah, I was pissed the first time I tested our bottled water. It was worse than our tap.

And my purple baby was born this morning. Yay
IMG_20210711_112910.jpg

Keep a eye on her just in case that's dampening off let that soil dry out a bit. Don't be scared to hold water off for a day or two and just mist a few squirts so the soil doesnt stay too wet and drown her. I look forward to seeing your grow journal. Welcome! If you need a good guide @Emilya has the perfect one.

In the US at least, you can count on bottled spring water having plenty of minerals since it comes from the ground. Lots of times it is even the same tap water that is available to citizens of the city it was bottled. Only bottles labeled as "distilled" or "reverse osmosis" will be at or very near zero PPM. I'm lucky that a local grocery store has a RO dispenser where I can bring my own 5 gallon bottle and buy RO for 39 cents ($0.39) per gallon. Compared to buying my own RO system, I can buy hundreds of gallons of RO water without wasting any and replacing filters.

Keep a eye on her just in case that's dampening off let that soil dry out a bit. Don't be scared to hold water off for a day or two and just mist a few squirts so the soil doesnt stay too wet and drown her. I look forward to seeing your grow journal. Welcome! If you need a good guide @Emilya has the perfect one.
Yeah, it's called impatience. I will let it dry out and that was right after removing the dome.
I had a seed die when I had to spend longer than I intended at hospital and soil dried out. Well not top but everything else. I reused after doing the butt chugging method of watering to rewet and never let the top dry out.
When I checked a few hours after dome removal there's less green perlite now. Also now it has indirect fan now cover is off.
The last grow, I didn't have to water for 10 days. It just grew like crazy. Exciting.
Thanks all for the great advice and caring enough to give it.

And this morning, she looks way better.
IMG_20210712_090443.jpg

And in 8 or 9 days I water with first low dose feeding.
Emily, you have no idea how much you've already helped me by helping others.
Thanks for helping all of us become better gardeners.

Back
Top Bottom