Watering while being away

JelitoKopito

Hi, I will be going to holiday for a week and quite not sure yet how Im planning to keep my plants alive. When Im only one watering them. I was thinking about air pump with timer connected to big reservoir of water. I want it to be as cheap as possible.

Any ideas or experiences? How to keep plants alive for week being away.

I also have ip camera and wifi sockets so I can control and see whats going on inside room.

The simplest solution would be to have a friend drop by and water them while you're gone. Is that an option?

If your desperate and in coco, give them a good feed, and if they are feeding heaps put the pot in a bucket of nutes, plant will suck it up, but only go max half way up pot or you will run out of air for roots.
Nothing worse than coming home to dead mums.....sad face...

The simplest solution would be to have a friend drop by and water them while you're gone. Is that an option?

I have soil.
yes it is but not sure if he would do it everyday for me :D
Lets say I would be away 5-6 days
is it enough to water it first day by me than by my friend after 2or 3 days to full and after 3 days water by me again.

I know that plants are fine with 2 days without watering but 3?

and any experiences with water pump? or air pump.
any homemade devices for watering?

I generally feed my soil plants every 4 days, and they aren't dry. They usually take a gallon each. When I travel, I dump a gallon and a half of water in (5 gallon fabrics with saucers underneath to catch runoff). I travel for 5 days just about every other month and have not had a problem yet. If you are having your friend do it, I'd advise that you feed it, and have he/she just water. Having someone else feed it can be a problem, if they are new to it.

Back
Top Bottom