Wedding Cake question

pkdane

420 Member
Started my Wedding cake the end of February. It is an auto flower. I am now at 12 on/12 off. My plant has outgrown the grow box and had to mount the light on the ceiling in my garage to move the plant out there to prevent burn. It has been flowering for about 3 weeks. In the garage for about a week. Just wondering if this will slow things or if it will continue to grow as it should. I am a new grower. Don't really understand the intricacies of the process, but through trial and error have only been marginally successful.
1685037387439.png

IMG_20230525_133620248.jpg

Hi Mate - you don't need 12/12 with autos, 16/8 or 18/6 is better for yield
Most growers will cut tops off [in veg, first 3-4 weeks] so the top of the plant has an even canopy of bud sites, so you can have the lamp a little closer and cover more bud sites
Don't listen to me because I am an idiot, but I'd cut off the top and lower the lamp to 18-24"

Started my Wedding cake the end of February. It is an auto flower. I am now at 12 on/12 off. My plant has outgrown the grow box and had to mount the light on the ceiling in my garage to move the plant out there to prevent burn. It has been flowering for about 3 weeks. In the garage for about a week. Just wondering if this will slow things or if it will continue to grow as it should. I am a new grower. Don't really understand the intricacies of the process, but through trial and error have only been marginally successful.
Hi im growing a auto on 12/12 now the buds look like they are going to be the same size as my last time with same strain that was on 18/6 its just going to take 2 weeks more to be ready i also topped so i get lots of fat buds instead of one main cola but as 013 suggests thats a long time for a auto to be in veg my autos always flower after 6 weeks 12 weeks total this time will be 14 some autos take far less time

Supercropping the tall stem might be enough to even out the top of the canopy. Supercropping is a High Stress Training method where the stem is pinched, squeezed and twisted in one small area and carefully bent over. Then gently tie it down so that the one stem stays at that level.

The light can be lowered down or the pot raised up but either way most of the plant will be closer to the light. Right now that one tall stem is able to get good light while the rest of the plant is about a foot further down and away from the light.

This supercropping method will do the same thing as cutting off that one stem like @Roy Growin mentions except it save that group of buds. If something goes wrong then the option of cutting off the stem is still possible.

You are 3 weeks into flowering so there is plenty of time for the plant to react to the training method and it can easily increase the size of the buds on that stem.

As the others have mentioned the amount of time from the end of February to now does make it sound like it is a photo-period plant especially since it has been flowering for only 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom