2x2 Flip Time?

RLM

HI Growmies!

I am currently growing a Wedding Cake clone in a 2x2 with a VIvaSpectre p600 (250w hps). I am growing in soil. (Ocean Forest) LSTing and the plant looks to be about 13". First pic is when I planted on Feb 3rd. Second pic is today, March 1st. Im counting about 12 bud sights. Light is about 13" from the top. I have about 8" left to pull light up for the stretch. Think it's time to flip?

Thanks!

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

HI Growmies!

I am currently growing a Wedding Cake clone in a 2x2 with a VIvaSpectre p600 (250w hps). I am growing in soil. (Ocean Forest) LSTing and the plant looks to be about 13". First pic is when I planted on Feb 3rd. Second pic is today, March 1st. Im counting about 12 bud sights. Light is about 13" from the top. I have about 8" left to pull light up for the stretch. Think it's time to flip?

Thanks!

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG
Hey @RLM Hope you are well my friend.
She is beautiful, healthy vigorous growth you can flip any time you want.
Are you tight for space?
I personally like to fill a pot with roots first.
How much space between the light and top of plant.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill. Hope all is well with you. The light covers 1.5 ft of growth during veg in my 2x2. It is about 14" away from the plant. I've got 8 more inches to lift light for stretch and flower. I too subscribe to getting those roots established. I may give it a few more days and let the current watering dry out.

Commonly a tent of those dimensions are used for vegetative growth and transferred to larger area for flowering. Have you previously successfully harvested in the low height grow tent? If the plant is going to remain in the 2' x 2' low height tent I would spread out the branches further by gently bending the tops back under under the scrog net to equalize the surface area of the canopy and utilize the effective flowering distance from the light source to their greatest advantage. Low Stress Training is done by taking a branch between your fingers and slightly crushing the firm fibres in the stem to allow the stem to become more pliable and manipulable. Low Stress Training can most easily be done on newer growth before a branch becomes woody.

1 week since the flip!

IMG_4501.JPG
Pull the tops down under the net. That’s why it’s there. You want to keep them flat and fill all the way to the edges.
0F7B5EC7-5955-4C3B-BEE5-15DF92329F82.jpeg
9B6CB46C-636E-42F4-8FA4-6E4C162736C6.jpeg

Thanks. How's this?

IMG_4502.JPG
Much better. Now the amount of available light is similar for the majority of the tops which shall begin growing upward in a few days time. This spreads out and evens out the available light intensity and will keep the plants height low for flowering.

Should I tuck anymore? Also what about defolitation? I am 2 weeks since flip. Thanks for checking it out!

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4539 2.JPG
Pull them out until that last rung.
I don’t see the need to defol right now, if ever. Don’t cut your leafs off… you’re getting great light penetration.

Your plant looks fantastic, tuck under one more set of squares. Focus on transitioning from VEG watering/feeding to feeding in mid/late flower. It’s easy to get excited and try to over feed. Let the plant tell you when it needs more nutes.

I just noticed… you should really invest in pot lifters. You don’t want your pots sitting in runoff. I got these from the Amazon.
F5C8C76E-65DD-4263-8FC9-37861EC4B027.jpeg

Should I tuck anymore? Also what about defolitation? I am 2 weeks since flip. Thanks for checking it out!

In the photograph the cannabis plant has a healthy green colour. Continue to spread out the plants branches to fully cover the available tent area in front as well by repositioning the pot closer. Stretch out the plants branches as far to the edges as possible. The idea is to spread out the surface area of the canopy so as many bud sites possible are able to get high light intensity and grow more evenly together. The more bud sites which receive even light the larger potential harvest.

The cannabis plant is low height and the bud sites are open to the light and may not require any defoliation, continue spreading out and tucking any larger fan leaves covering a bud site under the scrog net. You may attach additional twine to the scrog to subdivide the nets squares if necessary for a place to secure and tuck the branch or large fan leaves.

AdaminCO brings up a good point.

In the pot saucer we are able to see dried nutrient runoff in the pot saucer. I would purchase a second pot saucer the same size and make certain when you water to excess runoff that you are able to drain the pot saucer and the runoff is not re dissolving the dried nutrients and altering the grow mediums pH and mixture. I find when I water to excess runoff when I have second same sized pot saucer I can alternate a clean pot saucer when I drain the excess runoff.

Soak the pot saucer in hot water and use a scouring pad to clean up any dried nutrient residue.

Thaanks again for the feedback. I will definitely look into those risers. I was thinking that I needed something to lift it off the saucer. I am watering slowly and sopping up run off with a towel. I am actually just keeping this simple with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil nutrients and molasses. I am only watering about every 5 days (when the pot is very light) but it seems to be drinking more. The feeding schedule gives doses for each week. Do I feed with every watering? Don't think I have the experience to know when the plant wants more.

3 of the best indicators of when the grow medium is going dry and the plant is requiring more water or nutrient mixture are

a) place your finger in the grow medium and feel how moist the grow medium is.

b) lift the plant pot and get a feel for the weight of the nearly dry pot with the plant to judge.

c) when the plant requires more water the the plants leaves actively begin drooping and loose turgidity of the stems and leaves. if you are able to record the temperature and humidity the plant is grown at and observe the time length until the leaves begin to droop to predict the time length the plant will use up the current supply of nutrient mixture from the last time watered since in hours. Water the plant 6 - 12 hours earlier before the drooping begins and you will be able to predict in X amount of hours the plant requires an additional watering.

Thaanks again for the feedback. I will definitely look into those risers. I was thinking that I needed something to lift it off the saucer. I am watering slowly and sopping up run off with a towel. I am actually just keeping this simple with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil nutrients and molasses. I am only watering about every 5 days (when the pot is very light) but it seems to be drinking more. The feeding schedule gives doses for each week. Do I feed with every watering? Don't think I have the experience to know when the plant wants more.
I would follow their feed schedule and adjust accordingly.
1647433480821.png

I am only watering about every 5 days (when the pot is very light) but it seems to be drinking more. The feeding schedule gives doses for each week. Do I feed with every watering? Don't think I have the experience to know when the plant wants more.
The Botanicare nutrient feed chart is the recommended quantity for use every time you water in the weeks period of growth or flower.

Back
Top Bottom