2x2 Flip Time?

Update! She's just crusing along.... I'm calling this the beginning of Week 2 flower. Flipped on March 1st.

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

The cannabis plant appears healthy and a lush rich dark green. How high is the LED grow light mounted above the plant canopy? Do you know what is the actual power draw at the outlet in watts?

You can expect the height of the cannabis plants to increase by 2x - 2.5x during the flowering period. If unknown the usable effective light distance from the LED Grow Light may be near 2' - 2.5' from the light source. Can you calculate the effective flowering distance from you light source and as well calculate the total remaining usable height in the grow tent area so we may suggest a best height to begin flowering photoperiod cannabis plants?

Commonly a minimum of 50 watts of actual wall outlet draw per square foot is required from LED Grow Lights for best results. Either using multiple light fixtures or a larger higher intensity output may result in both superior quantity and quality of harvest cannabis buds.

You may also mark a height with using a level surface with a permanent marker to mark a set height on the sidewall of the grow tent allowing an easily vegetative growth target to optimize the available grow space within the grow tent area.

You can expect the height of the cannabis plants to increase by 2x - 2.5x during the flowering period. If unknown the usable effective light distance from the LED Grow Light may be near 2' - 2.5' from the light source. Can you calculate the effective flowering distance from you light source and as well calculate the total remaining usable height in the grow tent area so we may suggest a best height to begin flowering photoperiod cannabis plants?

Commonly a minimum of 50 watts of actual wall outlet draw per square foot is required from LED Grow Lights for best results. Either using multiple light fixtures or a larger higher intensity output may result in both superior quantity and quality of harvest cannabis buds.

You may also mark a height with using a level surface with a permanent marker to mark a set height on the sidewall of the grow tent allowing an easily vegetative growth target to optimize the available grow space within the grow tent area.
I’m not quite sure what you’re saying here. My light is 13” from the plant and doing great.

I had 320 watts in my 2x2 with a very good yield
marcus611a affirms the use of 320 watts / 4 square feet = 80 watts per square foot for his 2' x 2' grow area

I beleive it's around 120W actual power. I moved the light to around 12" above from the center.
I’m not quite sure what you’re saying here. My light is 13” from the plant and doing great.
Currently the cannabis plants are early in flowering and may be capable of using increased light intensity later in flowering to develop larger and more potent cannabis buds.

If you are correct with the actual wall outlets power draw from the LED Grow Light is 120 watts / 4 = 30 watts per square foot and below the 50 watt per square minimum recommendation lower harvested quantity and potency cannabis buds may result.

marcus611a affirms the use of 320 watts / 4 square feet = 80 watts per square foot for his 2' x 2' grow area

Currently the cannabis plants are early in flowering and may be capable of using increased light intensity later in flowering to develop larger and more potent cannabis buds.

If you are correct with the actual wall outlets power draw from the LED Grow Light is 120 watts / 4 = 30 watts per square foot and below the 50 watt per square minimum recommendation lower harvested quantity and potency cannabis buds may result.
This is what Vipar says about their power.

• AMPLE COVERAGE & LESS ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Comparable to traditional 250W HPS/MH while consuming only 120W, which helps to get 50% higher yield harvest and save costs. Perfect for 2.5’x2.5’ vegetative coverage at 18”and 2’x2’flowering coverage at 14”. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.

Would you suggest I add the light I was using for veg as well which pulls 95W but is claimed to replace 250W. Or is PAR the number I should be focused on? Also, would this just be diminishing returns?

This is what Vipar says about their power.

• AMPLE COVERAGE & LESS ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Comparable to traditional 250W HPS/MH while consuming only 120W, which helps to get 50% higher yield harvest and save costs. Perfect for 2.5’x2.5’ vegetative coverage at 18”and 2’x2’flowering coverage at 14”. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.
Would you suggest I add the light I was using for veg as well which pulls 95W but is claimed to replace 250W. Or is PAR the number I should be focused on? Also, would this just be diminishing returns?

Without knowing the specifics of the LED Grow Lights spectrum it is difficult to provide a good qualified answer. I would say likely yes it may be used as additional lighting if you are able to focus the area on the opposite side of the tent facing the cannabis plants side at an angle, how proper the spectrum is for flowering I am not able to tell without the manufacturer and model.

This is a complex subject, the sales pitches created by people who are not able to grow and harvested a single tomato only greatly confuse the matter.

I apologize if this is too long, its hard to really sum it all up quick. I am trying to give you a good answer from several years of grow experiences in a summary. If you have any questions, just ask.

There is no comparison to wattage as the manufacturer, product series, model, manufacture date series, then the selected premium light bulb and finally the selected reflector hood and mounting height all effect the quality of the light generated which may if in effective flowering distance allow the cannabis plants to produce quality cannabis medicine. There are too many factors to allow a comparison to wall outlet draw.

Conventionally most more experienced cannabis growers who have experience with High Intensity Discharge lighting state that the minimum power required to produce cannabis with any potency is a 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb and ballast equipment set. I had asked myself when i first began growing cannabis and it was expressed that the other 400 watt and lower equipment were only suitable for limited vegetative growth and could not create high potency cannabis.

The experienced pros expressed that bellow a minimum light intensity only week impotent cannabis was grown and not worth the time and costs to bother harvesting. The agreed upon minimum light intensity was multiply stated as 600 watts minimum and also expressed the minimum effecting flowering intensity required to create cannabis with any potency is over 100 watts of High Intensity Discharge lighting per square foot.

Light decreases by 1/4 intensity per linear foot of distance from the light source. Unless also using enclosed light reflector the minimum distance the light reflector can be placed from a 600 watt - 1000 watt light source is 12" - 16" due to the intense heat from the High Intensity light bulb. The heat close by from the light will crisp and curl your arm hair like working your arm in a 600 Fahrenheit restaurant oven.

The experienced Pro cannabis growers expressed with a 600 watt - 1000 watt light and all premium equipment you could roughly harvest 1 ounce of any actual quality per 100 watts of actual power draw.

we can perform the calculations

4' 6" x 4' 6" = 20.25 square feet, 1000 watts / 20.25 square feet = 49.382 watts per square foot.

6 x 6 = 36 square feet, 1000 watts / 36 square feet = 27.777 watts per square foot

A 1000 watt ballast and 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb are only capable of providing a 4' 6" - 4' 6" and 4.5' effective flowering distance from the light source to 6' x 6' coverage area with an effective flowering distance of 3.5' from the light source.

Multiple experienced cannabis producers related " There are no subs for total wall power" also relaying if they were able to purchase High Intensity Discharge light ballast and bulbs above 1500 watts that they would already only use the highest available High Intensity Discharge ballast and light equipment sets. We are able see manufacturer's as Gavita provide high quality high intensity integrated all in one 1500 watt ballast reflector combinations and a select few greater pro 240 volt 50 amp wattage equipment preferred by pro level cannabis dispensary's.

Quite commonly Producers will use 240 volt 50 amp power and use multiple light reflectors and ballasts focused on the same area to increase side lighting and increase light intensity on the same 4' 6" x 4' 6" or 6' x 6' areas.

Prior to more higher power able higher wattage Light Emitting Diodes a 400 watt Metal Halide High Intensity Discharge light system were ever only used with seedlings. This is the reason why so few High Pressure Sodium Light bulbs are made or available in a 400 watt rating or stocked by many grow supply stores. The majority of cannabis growers were not able to properly flower cannabis plants and then needed to purchase 600 watt ballast and 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulbs equipment sets at whichever seasonal available supply based costs local grow stores can get the equipment.

Premium High Intensity Discharge light bulbs carry a cost and x2 are required to have a replacement on hand when the first bulb light intensity fades or bulb fails unless the bulb can be quickly replaced. Within 20 minute time light stress and intersex or hermie cannabis plants can result. I have always thought that grow supply stores should offer a promotion x2 pack on premium HID light bulbs to allow the serious pros to purchase the items as are required for a serious pro harvest. Buying the best costs whats on that price tag for reasons.

I understand that I am really very fortunate now to be able to work with several LED Grow Light manufacturers and test experimental prototypes others do not have access to test before these are ready for sale. This enhanced access has allowed me to test and figure out why an Light Emitting Diode or LED Grow Light just works better with growing cannabis plants instead of used for growing bean sprouts or wheat grass in trays. The Pro equipment I have had access to use several LED Grow Lights are outstanding

In my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review I use a Lush Lighting Dominator 2x
and Lush Lighting was kind enough to supply x3 additional Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x for side lighting to individual bud sites. The Lush Lighting LED Grow Lights are more powerful than stated by their own claims. The actual power draw at the outlet is even better than what the website says they can do. Cannabis plants grow big and fast quickly and when the cannabis buds flower the thick resin and trichomes have the buds have give off such an extra zing like the way fresh cut citrus smell in your nose but all bud delicious. I will admit i would take extra personal time in my grow rooms just to inhale that strong strong musky flower smell that pricks your nose each and every time you inhale deeply. Its the difference between buying a coffee and buying coffee beans, grinding the beans with a bur cam grinder all the fresh oils and resins you only get with just fresh cut coffee beans which fade away quick. I just cant get enough of that scent quickly enough into my nose. I believe if it was possible to capture that smell which gives you tingles that it would become the new Channel everyone has to have.

Lush Lighting has their highest power 650 watt Lush Lighting Dominator 2x XL i would love to fill up a whole room with to crop out my plant limit. USA made!

Ever heard about the sticky icky?
The Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 I used in my KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review along with the hydro system and using Sierra Natural Science Sierra Natural Science SNS-C02 Kits are the stickiest resinous cannabis plants I have ever grown. Since early flower any and every time i reached my arm anywhere the cannabis plants the fan leaves would tear off a big piece stuck on my arm and the resin I could not get it to get off or would not come off. Any time and every time I tried to get by the cannabis plants it was like being grabbed at with glue as strong as gorilla duct tape by my plant! Stickier than real honey, thick maple syrup or real molasses! it is so thick that it like getting roof tar or a sticky pad mouse trap covered in glue stuck all over your arms and hands you cant get to rip off or get off of you. It is like getting hot wet toffee which dries hard stuck to you. Like when paining stained wood with a thick shellac covering which dries hard and really doesn't want to come off stuck covering you. Getting lacquer car paint under and around the sides of your finger nails you cant scrape off but have to chip out. Even with using Sunlight dish soap without any water and coarse green or rubbing alcohol and had to be removed with only the higher 90 % rubbing alcohol with a Scotch-brite pad and lots of work to get it off my arms and hand. I have had old used axle gear oil with molly from an old car or truck gear case carrier come off my skin easier.

I used x2 Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 advertised each at 200 watt equivalent and actually I tested with only 115 - 119 watts wall outlet actual draw!

I really wish Green Sun LED Lights begins making 400 watt - 800 watt actual wall outlet draw LED Grow Light panels

The Sierra Natural Science SNS-C02 Kits I believe worked so well together they brought out more and more sticky tacky resins and terpenes from the cannabis plants. I still have more of the prototype SNS-CO2 Kits I am saving for a special pro Grow Journal.

Here are 2 links to photographs taken and posted on day 35 of flower where you can see how dense the trichomes already are on the leaves and buds.

KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower day 63 trichome photographs

Here i a great example of just how powerful the resin and trichomes are

The photo says it all!

This fruit fly landed on the cannabis bud and could not escape the resins hold power strength! Stickier than actual fly paper!

Here are the harvest photographs

Very dense buds! When grinding the cannabis buds for use I broke x3 grinders by hand grinding the cannabis buds.

When I smoked the harvested and cured cannabis buds I kept asking myself how is it possible this Hindu Kush smells and tastes like i am eating a rose blossom and fresh picked berries right off a berry bush in summer? I wonder if this is what smurf berries that the smurfs eat are supposed to taste like?

in my KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review the Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB uses 108w COB LED grow light with optical glass lenses and can be custom built to order selected based on area of coverage desired. The Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB actual is 192- 198 watts wall outlet draw power. The Twilight Groups LED has great effective flowering distance allowing tall cannabis plants without loosing productive cannabis buds to larfy popcorn buds and fluff. I believe that the special optical glass lenses allows greater light penetration to reach much further deep down in through the fan leaves and increase potential buds size considerably increasing total harvested weight considerably over other designs. The Twilight Groups LED produce large harvests of High quality high potency cannabis medicine! I smoked and vaporized much of the harvest myself, the flavour of the cannabis vapour lingers on your tongues taste buds like cotton candy taste in your mouth after you take big bite and fill your mouth full, So satisfying!

I have x2 Twilight Groups LED Pro series Spider COB light panels to Grow Journal and test the Light panels. One of the Twilight Groups LED Spider COB lights is over 800 watts actual wall outlet draw power!

I have a Mars Hydro pro LED Grow Light to Grow Journal and test which is quite powerful.

I apologize if I have given you a lot to think about all at once with light source choices and suitability for your desires and wishes.

Some personal growers are really happy with an ounce of their own grown self made cannabis buds while other have a medical necessity and require large harvests of high quality high potency cannabis medicine.

If you have any questions just ask specifics

The question I have to ask you is what are your goals?

Hi there. Quick update on Day 32 of flower. All looks good. This past week I let things dry out to the point of wilting and watered appropriately. Pistals starting to turn orange and things smell sweet! What do you think? Should I defol at all or if it ain’t broke don’t fix.

75D96E23-1384-467B-8DCD-8A868F5991D2.jpeg

7B0034CD-E2FC-447C-9381-EFF0EBB12EB5.jpeg

A1AB95BC-04F8-4A03-AF34-D2127322E300.jpeg

11E987FE-AC9F-4DFD-9319-184CEF5FF236.jpeg

Hi there. Quick update on Day 32 of flower. All looks good. This past week I let things dry out to the point of wilting and watered appropriately. Pistals starting to turn orange and things smell sweet! What do you think? Should I defol at all or if it ain’t broke don’t fix.

75D96E23-1384-467B-8DCD-8A868F5991D2.jpeg

7B0034CD-E2FC-447C-9381-EFF0EBB12EB5.jpeg

A1AB95BC-04F8-4A03-AF34-D2127322E300.jpeg

11E987FE-AC9F-4DFD-9319-184CEF5FF236.jpeg
Good morning @RLM lady looks great today.
My thoughts on defol have always been don't touch the leaves.
You don't have an excess or a air circulation issue so no need.
She needs her fans to make you big buds.
They supply power to the buds for building.
Not the sugar leaves on the buds.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom