My plant is crazy

tommy c

420 Member
Hi everyone, first time grower with some questions and issues. Heres some background info.

My plant is from growers choice autoflowering northerlights week 11,
2x2 indoor grow tent 3.5 gallon bag with fox farm ocean forest. Fan and dehumidifier
Temp range from 67 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit with humidity aroud 45 to 50.
Light schedule now is 18/6, ph adjusted tap water @ 6.5 with fox farm tiger bloom. My plant has had issues with heat stress and high humidity in the veg stage but came back full force. My main concern is that it seems to be growing instead of flowering here are some pics and any questions or comments are welcome, thanks!

20211111_071508.jpg

20211111_071448.jpg

20211111_071427.jpg

20211111_071418.jpg

When flowering starts, which it is in your plant, as mentioned above,, it goes through a 'stretch' phase,, grows like crazy as the buds form,,

Then it settles,down and grows buddage

Your plant looks wonderful,, dont change a thing friend,, karma sent

Hi everyone, first time grower with some questions and issues. Heres some background info.

2x2 indoor grow tent 3.5 gallon bag with fox farm ocean forest. Fan and dehumidifier
Light schedule now is 18/6, ph adjusted tap water @ 6.5 with fox farm tiger bloom. My plant has had issues with heat stress and high humidity in the veg stage but came back full force. My main concern is that it seems to be growing instead of flowering here are some pics and any questions or comments are welcome, thanks!

20211111_071508.jpg

20211111_071448.jpg

20211111_071427.jpg

20211111_071418.jpg
Hello @tommy c welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Beautiful lady you have going. Great work so far.
She does have pistols showing so she is starting to flower.
Give her a week and you should be able to see her in full flower.
I don't grow autos but from what I have read from other growers the preferred light schedule for autos is 20/4 that might help move her along.
Stay safe.
Bill

Autos benefit from more hours of light. I agree to move her 20-4. I run mine 24-0...she looks very healthy.

I would probably snip the huge fan leaves off her to allow light to fill her canopy As she is a big, healthy girl.

As noted, she is 'shooting' right now and will get taller, calyxs have formed and you are in what is called pre-flower.

Soon, in a week or so, you will start seeing little pistils (hairs) form on what will be the bud sites.

I'd also add some Cal-Mag to give her a little pump up.

Good luck, she's going to be beautiful

20211111_071508.jpg

20211111_071448.jpg

20211111_071427.jpg

20211111_071418.jpg
Hi new grower here but active researcher and forum surfer. First she looks great. Good job. So it's already stated here in the thread but I also recently had this same question lol I'm 2 weeks into flower myself and when it first started showing signs of flower it grew like a mofo tons of new fans and many new growth spots. It has since slowed down and is showing mostly pistil growth now plus I trimmed back some of it. So in my opinion your fine, she's a big ol beauty... just be patient and maybe introduce a little more bud/bloom nutrients and cut back on the growth nutrients if being given. Hope someone here was able to help. :)

Oh also, since you are using FF...do you have any Big Bloom? I would start supplementing that along with your Tiger Bloom fert. I ran FF until I switched over to one of our sponsors, Prescription Blend. Next go, maybe give them a shot...I swore by FF until my transition. My girls absolutely love their nutrients, both autos and photos...just an fyi..

Think of those fan leaves as solar panels. Thats what they are

It is oh so easy to get convinced that more nutes will give one more bud

Most times. The exact opposite is the truth

20211111_071508.jpg

20211111_071448.jpg

20211111_071427.jpg

20211111_071418.jpg

20211130_171656.jpg

20211130_171702.jpg

20211130_171722.jpg

20211130_171726.jpg

20211130_171735.jpg

Jackpot probably had nitrogen in it.

Even though thats in a fabric pot, its a lot of plant for just 3 gallons of roots to support.
It becomes exceedingly difficult to keep just the right nutritional balance the plant needs in such a small pot, you don't have any buffer.
Its not that it can't be done, its that you have to know exactly how much and when and be one step ahead.
I don't believe those red stems are genetic, could be too hot, too much light, stress, root bound, nutrients imbalance.
Some leaves are canoeing as if heat stressed.

She’ll be alright - she’s just needing her nutrition sorted out. I’m seeing early to middle stages of potassium deficiency. The suggestion by @Krissi1982 to start adding the other recommended Fox Farm nutrients from their feeding schedule should get you back on track. It’s usually best to avoid mixing nutrients from other lines when using FF.

what exactly is the lighting schedule for the plant friend? the three leafers is a sure fire sign of a reveg in action

for sure lookin like some heat stress, possibly the lights too close or too hot,,,, and the plant is lookin water bound,, having trouble breathing

a watering primer and some experience with nutes will be in the works for you,, comes with time is all,,

karma sent friend

Week 14 now, and still not fully flowering ..

It's obviously not an auto, they don't go 14 weeks before they flower.
It's a photoperiod plant, and it's not flowering because the lighting schedule is wrong...set your lights to 12 on/12off,(and leave it there) and she will flower like she's supposed to.

Welcome to 420, tommy! :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom