Week #4 post: Sativa Dominant Ladies

Dan Dark

This is my fourth week into flower with my very first crop of Sativa Dominant Jack Herrar and some afghan kush. I have read all I can about when to harvest but it appears to me that patience is the key to getting good buds! I started with a high P fertilizer just yesterday, wondering if I will actually see an impact to increasing it so significantly! Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

• flower room #1.jpg
    flower room #1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • Flower room #2.jpg
    Flower room #2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • flower room #3.jpg
    flower room #3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
This is my fourth week into flower with my very first crop of Sativa Dominant Jack Herrar and some afghan kush. I have read all I can about when to harvest but it appears to me that patience is the key to getting good buds! I started with a high P fertilizer just yesterday, wondering if I will actually see an impact to increasing it so significantly! Comments welcomed and appreciated.
Looking good. How are they doing now.

Looking good. How are they doing now.
Thanks so much for asking! I have now harvested all three of my first crop. The first plant on Dec 11 and the latest ones on Dec 23rd. Total I harvested about 550 grams of dry weight Durban Poison and Jack Herer.

For the harvest I took each plant from the roots and rinsed them clean in cold water. I bag to remaining root ball and hang upside down for 5-6 days. I then rough trim down to big stocks and put them into newspaper (they are no longer wet enough to absorb any ink). I leave the smallest buds until their sugar leaves dry and flake off leaving hard little nuggets for the last 20 grams of so. O use my shake for cooking and making butter I seem to get about 20%-25% shake from each plant.

After a day or two in newspaper I place the trimmed buds into glass jars - about 60 grams per 32oz jar. I include a 62% Boveda and a hygrometer and pout them into the refrigerator for several weeks. I burp often and watch the RH to make sure it stays above 50%. At trim they almost always measure low, so wait a few days before making adjustments. Also temperature affects humidity so in the fridge look for 50% RH at about 40 degrees and you're fine. Out of the fridge they should settle in around 55%-60%.

The most amazing thing to me (aside from just how much I was able to harvest), was the overwhelming smell - it is simply amazing smell and taste - the very best buds I have ever had!

Thanks so much for asking! I have now harvested all three of my first crop. The first plant on Dec 11 and the latest ones on Dec 23rd. Total I harvested about 550 grams of dry weight Durban Poison and Jack Herer.

For the harvest I took each plant from the roots and rinsed them clean in cold water. I bag to remaining root ball and hang upside down for 5-6 days. I then rough trim down to big stocks and put them into newspaper (they are no longer wet enough to absorb any ink). I leave the smallest buds until their sugar leaves dry and flake off leaving hard little nuggets for the last 20 grams of so. O use my shake for cooking and making butter I seem to get about 20%-25% shake from each plant.

After a day or two in newspaper I place the trimmed buds into glass jars - about 60 grams per 32oz jar. I include a 62% Boveda and a hygrometer and pout them into the refrigerator for several weeks. I burp often and watch the RH to make sure it stays above 50%. At trim they almost always measure low, so wait a few days before making adjustments. Also temperature affects humidity so in the fridge look for 50% RH at about 40 degrees and you're fine. Out of the fridge they should settle in around 55%-60%.

The most amazing thing to me (aside from just how much I was able to harvest), was the overwhelming smell - it is simply amazing smell and taste - the very best buds I have ever had!
Awesome brother.

Back
Top Bottom