First grow of Jack Herrar

Dan Dark

Sativa dominant, grown from seeds started in July 2020 outside. I repotted and brought them under lights at about 2 weeks but growth was super slow in the beginning. It took more than a month for my first trim but then they took right off!

These photos are at the end of week 3 flowering. They stayed in Veg for a longer time than I expected about 10 weeks. I trimmed off fan leaves for all three 2 Jack and 1 Afghan - trimmed at least 3 ounces of fan leaves and lower branches to get these where they are. I may have been too aggressive in pruning though I do have some bud sites lower in the plant that will not likely mature as I want. Thinking of lollipopping a next plant to try it. Next up, 6 clones taken about 5 weeks ago, repotted at 2 weeks into 5 gallon grow bags. BTW, I have already determined that 5 gal is too small and will now use a 10 gal minimum.9 more clones are ready to repot in a week or so!

Attachments

• grow tent clones.jpg
    grow tent clones.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • flower room #3.jpg
    flower room #3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • Flower room #2.jpg
    Flower room #2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • flower room #1.jpg
    flower room #1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Yes, it takes some of my day for sure but it is so helpful.

What I have learned so far is how lucky I have been. I had a lot of trouble getting seeds started and had just 3 of six sprout. I've had better luck with cloning, and have not lost a single clone now at 15 tries - a first batch of 6 and the last one last week at 9 clones.

I plan to clone my cloned again in 4 weeks when I move my plants into a new room and I am planning to try 15 plants. I currently have grow space for my clones (grow tent), a veg room and a flower room. I am hoping clones will allows me to move from growing 3 to 6 (I have 6 clones ready and repotted), to 9 (I have 9 new clones rooter awaiting transplant in about a week), to 15 plants in spring 2021.

I'm REALLY hoping to add some Indica leaning hybrids or varietals to my mix here at the end of the year. I love the growing and caring part of this experience!

well your definitely are going to have your hands full

Back
Top Bottom