New Grower: First Journal For Sativa Dominant Jack Herer Hybrid

Hi been a while, since been on the board. Been growing a couple CBD plants.

What about boost pads for curing?

Need to watch all of that video about flushing, gotta go pull a shift at my shitty fast food job.
That I'm not lovin it.

Seems like flushing varies by gardeners. Have a girlfriend that seems to be an ok gardener; she could be better if she didn't think she knows everything. She flushes with a sugar solution. It has Honey, Molasses, Agave, monk fruit, and like four or five other weird ingredients. Now I work for a pedifile looking clown. What do i know?

How about a happy medium talking dirt growers? Say one week flush for natural/organic and two week flush for gardeners that use other fertilizers. Instead of starving the plants give them the right sugars to encourage good things.

Shit. Gotta go work for a pedifile ass clown. Boss is a jackass that just sits in the office watching U-Tube videos all day.

Hi been a while, since been on the board. Been growing a couple CBD plants.

What about boost pads for curing?

Need to watch all of that video about flushing, gotta go pull a shift at my shitty fast food job.
That I'm not lovin it.

Seems like flushing varies by gardeners. Have a girlfriend that seems to be an ok gardener; she could be better if she didn't think she knows everything. She flushes with a sugar solution. It has Honey, Molasses, Agave, monk fruit, and like four or five other weird ingredients. Now I work for a pedifile looking clown. What do i know?

How about a happy medium talking dirt growers? Say one week flush for natural/organic and two week flush for gardeners that use other fertilizers. Instead of starving the plants give them the right sugars to encourage good things.

Shit. Gotta go work for a pedifile ass clown. Boss is a jackass that just sits in the office watching U-Tube videos all day.
Do you like work at Mc Donalds or something? Fucking some clowns do seem rapey.

Watched that video on flushing I think from one of our sponsors and it blew my mind away.
Back to work.

Do you like work at Mc Donalds or something? Fucking some clowns do seem rapey.

Watched that video on flushing I think from one of our sponsors and it blew my mind away.
Back to work.

Nice to take a break. Some asshole wanted $30.00 worth of free food because we didn’t put ketchup in one of his bags. Our margins are a lot smaller than people think.

Most the old farmers that come in for coffee at a couple of my rural MCDs in the mornings put lime on their soil. It takes time. Calcium Carbs.

Never really listen to em that much cause I am busy. Gotta run have roaches. Farmer Reading probably doesn’t use lime. Farmer Reading is that a throw back character from the movie 1000 acres?

Most of em are horse and dairy farmers.
Think this was meant to go here ...in reply to this post ...? Was posted in my journal thread Lol

That I'm not lovin it.
I also worked at McDonald’s when I was in jr high. I was working full time, and going to school full time. Go to work after school, and close 3 out of 5 days, plus the weekends. Back when they closed at night lol

I’d always steal a McGriddle after baking them. They were soooooo good fresh out of the oven hahaha
Same with apple pies!!

OMG my first harvest was dry cut today. I haven't had this much fun for decades! Wow, plant #1 a Sativa dominant Jack Herrer yielded about 5 ounces after 7 days of dry time. It smells like the best ever harvest, pungent, tangy and full of that famous Sativa red hairs and tight colas. Now a few more days of down time and into jars for further curing!

Thank you to everyone who helped. Honestly, I probably would have fucked this up if not for @Backlipslide @Moto258, @Lime, @Sangmang, @Emilya, @Pennywise, @BeanTownFan420 and @Mr. Sauga - it truly takes a village to help a first time grower over that hump. If I have forgotten to mention anyone it's my problem - know I appreciate all of you!

Thanks to all of your help I am super-happy with my first plant harvested! Now two weeks to go for plant #2 and a two more for #3....the train is leaving the station!
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

OMG my first harvest was dry cut today. I haven't had this much fun for decades! Wow, plant #1 a Sativa dominant Jack Herrer yielded about 5 ounces after 7 days of dry time. It smells like the best ever harvest, pungent, tangy and full of that famous Sativa red hairs and tight colas. Now a few more days of down time and into jars for further curing!

Thank you to everyone who helped. Honestly, I probably would have fucked this up if not for @Backlipslide @Moto258, @Lime, @Sangmang, @Emilya, @Pennywise, @BeanTownFan420 and @Mr. Sauga - it truly takes a village to help a first time grower over that hump. If I have forgotten to mention anyone it's my problem - know I appreciate all of you!

Thanks to all of your help I am super-happy with my first plant harvested! Now two weeks to go for plant #2 and a two more for #3....the train is leaving the station!
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG
Great job my friend Your very welcome for any help I may have helped with!! I bet that feeling is great knowing you’ve now finished your first harvest, and now the secrets out lol it’s nice to be able to take care of your own needs isn’t it!!? Growing has been the greatest healing in my life and I hope I can pass that on to anyone willing to live the same way especially with all the crazyness going on in this world today! It’s amazing to find some joy in life with nature being the target for happiness in a world of darkness!! Happy growing my friend and thanks for the shout out means a lot!! Truly!! :passitleft:

OMG my first harvest was dry cut today. I haven't had this much fun for decades! Wow, plant #1 a Sativa dominant Jack Herrer yielded about 5 ounces after 7 days of dry time.
:party: Well done Drey!! Congratulations! :high-five:
We all had to get over that hump at one time, and it pays to get to know the village idiots. ;)

I wish this website had smellovision, the aroma is truly amazing. Now cure for a few weeks and I am good to go!
Let us know if you need any help on the curing part!! It can get tricky if you let it..

You know I'll take all the help I can get with every step - fire away, please!
For sure!!! :passitleft:
Now how’s your drying set up now? And what’s your environment like at the moment? A lot of growers have there own preferences on the dry/cure process, so if anyone has another method other than what I’m mentioning than do help out here lol because I know everyone has there ways!
Lol so here’s my way!! First depending on your leaf formation and the amount of leaves on your harvest it’s best to decide to do a full trim job with the leaves or you could go half in with it and just trim the big fan leaves and just leave all the sugar leaves attached for when you are dried enough for the cure process. Then to get the full potential out of your terpens which are very vital at this point in the process so it’s best to not trim anything up till your past the hang dry phase or until you have reached desired level of humidity. ( if your not sure and want to know if your buds are still too moist or too dry to put into jars then I will cut off a few buds from top to bottom of a branch and set them into a small container that will be able to leave a lid cracked. Leave them in their for 15 min to half hour with either digital or non digital humidity monitor and if it goes past 68-70% they need more time to hang before jarring up and burping them. My target humidity level to jar up has been 65-67% and I burp them from there down to 55-58%) Then I always will trim up the buds the rest of the way once I’m in the 58-59% sometimes I’ll trim at 60 % but I’ve found threw trial and error that doing this keeps the moisture in the buds for the cure and gives me max levels of terps in the end result.
Now since this is your first harvest like you said then you could always half ass as I did when I first began so that your able to chief on your success a little quicker for your first round and save the science for when you harvest your next crop lol! Because I’m sure I’m a little coo coo when it comes to my ways lmao! But to half ass it alls you have to do is hang dry them till the stem snaps and then jar them up and enjoy while continuing to burp them.
But I really do recommend to allow them to slowly release the moisture from the buds in order to get that cannibis cup quality every time!
Now I’ll explain the hang dry the way I do it. 1st if my crop doesn’t have crazy amounts of fan and sugar leaves I’ll hang them by just chopping off main fan leaves. I start the room off in the 60% humidity level right after I chop to hang. Then the next day or two I will baby sit them to make sure humidity doesn’t get above 60% and once your able to target a couple days in 55-60% range it’s best to let them be for a week if your able to keep your levels in them ranges! But if you go below 55% your going to dry them pretty quickly and it will be best to keep a close eye on the snap of your branches because I personally don’t let my stems snap if I’m wanting to get a full on cure to happen! Also depends on your buds because if they aren’t dense and a little airy your dry time will be very quick!
Now it’s down to the final week of hang drying. I will try and get my dry room around 35-40% humidity range and if your able to achieve this let them stay in that range for a full 24hrs and then drop temps down to 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit with a humidity range as low as you can get it.( I personally can’t get my room to go below 40% but hey it’s achievable lol!) key for success is to make sure you never let temps go cold with a high humidity level because your going to get mold if your not careful! Mold will appear over night so just be careful until your comfortable with all this craziness I’m trying to explain lol!

Alright finally the cure!!
Once you have reached desired temps and humidity levels in the dry room it’s now time to test the amount of humidity in the jars the first couple days. Target level for me to start burping is 65%. I will burp them twice a day for 15 min and empty the jars into separate piles for the first 15 min burp. The second burp of the day I just lightly shake the jars up and burp them for 15 min. Once your getting the humidity levels to go below 65% you can start burping just once a day until your reaching 60-63% humidity. After you’ve reached 56-59% humidity burping them once a week is all ya have to do. It’s smokable after you’ve reached this level but If you’ve caught on to any of my advice so far the only thing left to take in is to make sure your doing all this in complete darkeness or at least as dark as you can get it while burping them! Last but not least when your ready to store them make sure you still burp them once a month if you plan on leaving them because product is starting to become an abundance lmao!
Good luck my friend!! :cough::bong:

For sure!!! :passitleft:
Now how’s your drying set up now? And what’s your environment like at the moment? A lot of growers have there own preferences on the dry/cure process, so if anyone has another method other than what I’m mentioning than do help out here lol because I know everyone has there ways!
Lol so here’s my way!! First depending on your leaf formation and the amount of leaves on your harvest it’s best to decide to do a full trim job with the leaves or you could go half in with it and just trim the big fan leaves and just leave all the sugar leaves attached for when you are dried enough for the cure process. Then to get the full potential out of your terpens which are very vital at this point in the process so it’s best to not trim anything up till your past the hang dry phase or until you have reached desired level of humidity. ( if your not sure and want to know if your buds are still too moist or too dry to put into jars then I will cut off a few buds from top to bottom of a branch and set them into a small container that will be able to leave a lid cracked. Leave them in their for 15 min to half hour with either digital or non digital humidity monitor and if it goes past 68-70% they need more time to hang before jarring up and burping them. My target humidity level to jar up has been 65-67% and I burp them from there down to 55-58%) Then I always will trim up the buds the rest of the way once I’m in the 58-59% sometimes I’ll trim at 60 % but I’ve found threw trial and error that doing this keeps the moisture in the buds for the cure and gives me max levels of terps in the end result.
Now since this is your first harvest like you said then you could always half ass as I did when I first began so that your able to chief on your success a little quicker for your first round and save the science for when you harvest your next crop lol! Because I’m sure I’m a little coo coo when it comes to my ways lmao! But to half ass it alls you have to do is hang dry them till the stem snaps and then jar them up and enjoy while continuing to burp them.
But I really do recommend to allow them to slowly release the moisture from the buds in order to get that cannibis cup quality every time!
Now I’ll explain the hang dry the way I do it. 1st if my crop doesn’t have crazy amounts of fan and sugar leaves I’ll hang them by just chopping off main fan leaves. I start the room off in the 60% humidity level right after I chop to hang. Then the next day or two I will baby sit them to make sure humidity doesn’t get above 60% and once your able to target a couple days in 55-60% range it’s best to let them be for a week if your able to keep your levels in them ranges! But if you go below 55% your going to dry them pretty quickly and it will be best to keep a close eye on the snap of your branches because I personally don’t let my stems snap if I’m wanting to get a full on cure to happen! Also depends on your buds because if they aren’t dense and a little airy your dry time will be very quick!
Now it’s down to the final week of hang drying. I will try and get my dry room around 35-40% humidity range and if your able to achieve this let them stay in that range for a full 24hrs and then drop temps down to 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit with a humidity range as low as you can get it.( I personally can’t get my room to go below 40% but hey it’s achievable lol!) key for success is to make sure you never let temps go cold with a high humidity level because your going to get mold if your not careful! Mold will appear over night so just be careful until your comfortable with all this craziness I’m trying to explain lol!

Alright finally the cure!!
Once you have reached desired temps and humidity levels in the dry room it’s now time to test the amount of humidity in the jars the first couple days. Target level for me to start burping is 65%. I will burp them twice a day for 15 min and empty the jars into separate piles for the first 15 min burp. The second burp of the day I just lightly shake the jars up and burp them for 15 min. Once your getting the humidity levels to go below 65% you can start burping just once a day until your reaching 60-63% humidity. After you’ve reached 56-59% humidity burping them once a week is all ya have to do. It’s smokable after you’ve reached this level but If you’ve caught on to any of my advice so far the only thing left to take in is to make sure your doing all this in complete darkeness or at least as dark as you can get it while burping them! Last but not least when your ready to store them make sure you still burp them once a month if you plan on leaving them because product is starting to become an abundance lmao!
Good luck my friend!! :cough::bong:
This.. +1
:high-five::passitleft:

This.. +1
:high-five::passitleft:
Sorry this took a minute. had three plants put into flower at the same time. I found they matured differently - they are equatorial sativa's and take a LONG time to flower. I took the first plant at 10 weeks and the other two are still cooking with their younger sister's now.

I approached the first plant this way for harvest and cure.
  1. I pulled the plant up by the roots and rinsed the roots. I placed the root ball in a plastic bag and huing it up[side down. I used my trailer park humidifier of a big pan of water underneath and a fan blowing across a wet towel. In my dry climate this keeps the humidty over 40% and blows a light breeze over the harvested plant.
  2. After 5-6 days I take the plant down and cutt of the bigger stems and trimming some of the sugar leaves and any fan leaves left. I wrap in newsp[rint for 2-3 days.
  3. Once it is dry enough - leaves are crisp but the buds are still at 50% or more I trimmed it down and put all of the nugs into large 32 oz glass jars with a 62% Boveda and a hygrometer to stay on top of temp and humidity. I burp the jars daily - most days twice and watch to make sure it stays at <55%RH - once it falls below 50% I stop burping.
  4. Once or twice during this phase I dump out the entire jar onto a newspaper and let it sit for 30-45 minutes.
Comments are most welcomed. I have two more plans one at almost 12 weeks I plan to harvest Christmas day and another about two weeks or more behind that one - despite the fact theyu all went into flower at the same time. I'll have one plant harvested at 10 weeks, one at 13 weeks and the last at 15 weeks - in flower! Each plants looks to give me 2-3 ounces of really high quality buds and 2 ounces of sugars leafs and shake that I use to make extracts.

Comments are most welcomed.

IMG_2694 2.JPG
IMG_2694 2.JPG

IMG_2695 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom