New Grower: First Journal For Sativa Dominant Jack Herer Hybrid

Yep. If you had a great selection of seeds. you could do well....things are fixing to pop here in the USA. Seed banks could REALLY make some $$$$$$
If I still lived in California I would definitely open a Seed Bank! Unfortunately my state is not as open though medical is legal. Someday very soon though this part of the market will open up. Banking is changing fast, state borders will fall with decriminalization, and then we'll all be able to buy like a normal product.

I decided to wait 10 more days to day 66-70. I am going crazy because they look sooooo good but probably 30-40% of the buds still have white pistils and the trichomes are just starting to get coudy. I guess I'll have a Christmas harvest! I will for sure post pics of the harvest and drying setup.

IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG
YYYYEEEAAA, he waited!!!! Maybe a Merry Christmas; but for sure a Happy New Year!!!!!

Dang Dude, I love seeing that 420 Magaizine logo on your moniker nowdays, congatulations again.

I live in a really dry climate - and it is winter. 60%+_ humidity is just not possible. I can get ny dry rack to 40%+ - and a plant seems to dry in about 5-7 days. Once dry I place with a 62% Boveda pack into glass jars (after trim of course) and burp the jars until they hit 50% or so RH inside the jar. The smell is overwhelmingly good - I keep saying I wiosh we had smellovision here!

How's the new gig?

As always, thank you for your feedback, you make me a better grower! :hug:
Smellovision WOULD be great....love the smell....can't help it

New Update: The perpetual Harvest is alive and well.

If you have followed this journal you know my dream, intention and hope was to set up a perpetual grow using both new seed stock and clones from my favorite strains. I am happy to report that my second harvest has been taken successfully at 10 weeks, three plants all Sativa Clones from my original harvest girls.

My first harvest of 3 plants yielded about 14 ounces total, I expect this will be a bit smaller - no big deal because I have 30+ more right behind it!

If you are interested in starting a perpetual grow - or a harvest every 2-4 weeks (depending on ripening time in flower), here's what I did.

I started with seeds, few sprouted and I'm now focused on improving my gemination methods. In my experience seeds take 4-5 weeks before they're ready to get into a bigger pot. Then they spend up to 10 weeks in veg. Sativa's can double in size so I titrate my release to the flower room based on how big they are not the timing.

The first time through I took clones of my two strains- about 12 total. Clones are faster than seeds and you shave a few weeks off early growth so plan on 3-4 weeks in a 6" pot and another 8-9 weeks in veg. While in Veg I took clones every month. Once the harvests started I dated everything to track every plant from birth to death, I even wrote SOP's for everything from seed germination to cloning to harvest and cure. I refine them each time.

Now I have 18 girls coming to full ripeness here in the next month with 3-5 plants ready to harvest every other week.

Pics coming tomorrow!

New Update: The perpetual Harvest is alive and well.

If you have followed this journal you know my dream, intention and hope was to set up a perpetual grow using both new seed stock and clones from my favorite strains. I am happy to report that my second harvest has been taken successfully at 10 weeks, three plants all Sativa Clones from my original harvest girls.

My first harvest of 3 plants yielded about 14 ounces total, I expect this will be a bit smaller - no big deal because I have 30+ more right behind it!

If you are interested in starting a perpetual grow - or a harvest every 2-4 weeks (depending on ripening time in flower), here's what I did.

I started with seeds, few sprouted and I'm now focused on improving my gemination methods. In my experience seeds take 4-5 weeks before they're ready to get into a bigger pot. Then they spend up to 10 weeks in veg. Sativa's can double in size so I titrate my release to the flower room based on how big they are not the timing.

The first time through I took clones of my two strains- about 12 total. Clones are faster than seeds and you shave a few weeks off early growth so plan on 3-4 weeks in a 6" pot and another 8-9 weeks in veg. While in Veg I took clones every month. Once the harvests started I dated everything to track every plant from birth to death, I even wrote SOP's for everything from seed germination to cloning to harvest and cure. I refine them each time.

Now I have 18 girls coming to full ripeness here in the next month with 3-5 plants ready to harvest every other week.

Pics coming tomorrow!
Sorry, some pics today!
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG

I am so happy for you - and so jealous! I ordered from True North in November - nothing. My tracking data changes daily! I ordered from Growers Choice Seeds in Sacramento and they did arrive but 3 weeks after I paid. They took advantage of every policy - like it takes 10 days for us to receive and apply payment, 7 days to prepare a shipping label and shipment (they are all "picked by hand". Fortunately, as expected the seeds arrived two days after they were finally shipped.

Maybe I'll try Expert - I really have to find a supplier for feminized seeds or begin to make my own!
Attempted to purchase through True North and payment was too challenging. My sole credit card is my metal Amex. thingy.

Funny thing is shit got crazy in my life so just now popping my seeds.

My first five seeds, Gorilla Glues Autos (I was in a hurry) I dropped into hot soil. Luckily one survived and she is just starting veg. she looks like she could be a beast.

Lucky they sent me extra seeds. Did place a second order (want to try some of their Pheno Genetics and picked up five Lemon something autos). The shipment was lightening fast on the second order.

Back
Top Bottom