Welcome to my trainwreck

cnw1970

420 Member
So about 2 weeks ago I accidentally read a feed chart wrong and gave my 2-week old girls a double-strength dose of 11-40-13 seedling booster. 2 days later I realized what I had done as the plants showed some slight chlorosis. I watered them and took a ppm measurement and had readings as high as 1,600. So I flushed them until I got readings in the 300-320 range. The plants keep showing chlorosis. They have grown 3-4 inches and the new growth always looks normal green, but as the leaves get bigger they start to show chlorosis. So when they dried out I watered them and took EC measurements. I measured the tap water and it read 0.7. I am getting runoff EC readings as high as 1.6. Do you think that the higher readings are residual from the over-feeding, or do I have a salt build-up and need to flush again? My tap water is pretty consistent at 180-195 ppm. Temps vary from 75-78, and the humidity is 63%. I have not fed them since the flush because the EC was still high. Is this a lockout or nute burn? I gave them a treatment with Foop mist, but they look no different. Should I flush them again, because they have dried out and do need watering?
Growing in Promix HP in 5-gallon bags. AC Infinity S44 Ionboard 400-watt LED light is currently at 50% 30 inches above plants. I water with well water at 185 PPM, and has a starting PH of 7.5. Using Homegrown Cannabis Co's Quick Start Marijuana Grow Kit nutrients.

20221013_205741.jpg

20221022_184551.jpg

20221022_184556.jpg

20221022_184600.jpg

20221022_184609.jpg

20221022_184930.jpg

I don't know much about HP pro mix, but I think it is a coco medium, which means you would treat it like hydro..which is a ball of wax I can't help untangle.

What I can offer tho, is that whether it is soil or coco, your pH is very high going in ... We usually see/recommend 6.3 for soil and 5.8 for hydro.

I don't know much about HP pro mix, but I think it is a coco medium, which means you would treat it like hydro..which is a ball of wax I can't help untangle.

What I can offer tho, is that whether it is soil or coco, your pH is very high going in ... We usually see/recommend 6.3 for soil and 5.8 for hydro.
I do PH down to 6.2.

Which is great IF your medium is soil ... I don't know as I feel like I've seen people both claim it is, and isn't soil.

IF it is not soil, then your pH is still high, as hydro likes/needs a lower pH than soil.
Think I need to go lower like around 5.8?

Think I need to go lower like around 5.8?
Depends on how the nutes are designed to be used - ie soil or coco/hydro
Does it list any micro nutrients on the back of the pack? Does it say to adjust pH? Is it a top dressing or soluble feed?
All the website gives is NPK values and says it is a supplement/boost?

Depends on how the nutes are designed to be used - ie soil or coco/hydro
Does it list any micro nutrients on the back of the pack? Does it say to adjust pH? Is it a top dressing or soluble feed?
All the website gives is NPK values and says it is a supplement/boost?
Their customer service said it was OK for all mediums. The grow time nutes at half dose will increase my well water from 0.3 EC to 1.9. I'm going to be using Gold Leaf nutes from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom