What brand or type of soil?

There are several Pro Mix blends available here in Canada. It's quite popular here.
You could use ProMix HP if you wanted to add nutrients. It's very high drainage and runs similar to hydroponics at a ph between 5.5-6.5. HO is considered a soilless media.

I use the ProMix AP for seedling to young adult then repot to ProMix BX for the rest of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
OK I'm glad you use pro mix I been debating on starting new grow with it ok so I have a few questions

1. Why do u sue those specific mixes cause most people just use HP

2. What nutes do you use and how often.

3. Any problems nutes lockouts or ph drifts or sort of thing like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i started out using average potting soil. but, soon tired of the gnat battles. so, growers HP, ever since. and, i try different nutes. got some earth juice, on the way. soiless, to me is good. i control everything thats in the pot. back when i did use potting soil, i stayed away from the mg. i landed on one called gardener&bloom. with some added pealite. if you do get gnats, get a bright yellow pail or bowl. fill with water. they will commit suicide. run like fools to the "free shit", like all idiots. there are lots of mixs, out there, if you want to invest time, money, and frustration, for neglible gains.

HP is High Porous. It's essentially hydroponics. If you use it you have to use nutes.

I use Earth Juice Grow and bloom
Grow is used hardly ever. 6 drops per litre (1 mil per gallon) after a month. I use bloom on a ramp up schedule. On my personal grows (non client grows) I like to ramp up to week 5 of flower then use KoolBloom. KoolBloom has its own very specific schedule.
No ph fluctuations. I add Dolomite to the AP. but....they make a Herb and Garden formula now that has lime and gypsum in it. Lime buffers ph to 6.5-7.0.
So just add water and go. When you hit 12/12 add your PK then finish with KoolBloom.
The reason I use this is convenience and time and cost. I spend $40 a year on nutrients. Most growers spend hundreds.
Results.
02ca4475ab3f7cd542ba5819ecc715cf.jpg

Here is my current mix for my upcoming grow:

Seedling mix:

Pro-mix premium organic seed starting mix

Solo cups for first 14 days.

Veg and flower mix:

40 Liters Bluesky Super soil
60 liters Pro-Mix organic vegetable and herb mix
10 liters Perlite

Mixed thoroughly and placed 4 x 7 gallon fabric pots until flush. I use half strength organic nutrients (plus silica) so i don't practice the traditional super soil on bottom recipe.

Nice mix. I'll have to give it a shot. Seed mix starts at 5.5 the the V&G brings it up to 6.5 for adulthood. Sweet.

Nice mix. I'll have to give it a shot. Seed mix starts at 5.5 the the V&G brings it up to 6.5 for adulthood. Sweet.

Thanks and nice plants! How do you find the Earth Juice? I use the GO line plus a few other things. I was looking at Botanicare's stuff but it seems like it doesn't cover all the nutrients. Blue sky offers teas and an organic based line, but my time is limited and i find bottled is easier and faster than powder.

You don't need the Earth Juice. It's hard to find. Another good (and readily available) product is KoolBloom Liquid from General Hydroponics. It's a PK booster. Just use the ProMix Herb and Vegetable with regular tap water for the veg period and use the KoolBloom liquid ramp up schedule when you go to 12/12. You can finish with KoolBloom dry for massive, easy to grow buds.
The ProMix has everything you need for a fast veg period. Use the KB lineup for bloom.

KoolBloom - YouTube

Me too. I have to by law for my ACMPR client grows. But...my client grows yield 400g for 5 plants total. My personal grows yield 400g PER PLANT USING KOOLBLOOM.
So if you want massive yields like 400g per plant you won't get them organically indoors. (Unless you veg for 2+ months)
Outdoors over 4 1/2 months no problem. Indoors...half that.
I'm an indoor organic grower with 20 years experience. I use the EJ bloom with KB dry for finish. It's the only "not 100% organic" solution I use.
But like I said. I can't use it for client grows. (unless the client requests it)
But guaranteed massive yields. (Unless you use it wrong and kill your plant) lol

BC Big Bud Grow using KoolBloom liquid rampup schedule with KoolBloom dry finish at week 6 of flower.
You can't get that organically indoors. I've tried.
e86b358c6a53206890986163111d6ce3.jpg

Jus' sayin'

BC Big Bud Grow using KoolBloom liquid rampup schedule with KoolBloom dry finish at week 6 of flower.
You can't get that organically indoors. I've tried.
e86b358c6a53206890986163111d6ce3.jpg

Jus' sayin'

That's a massive cola haha I've always used canna but swapped to an ph perfect altho I do want to try organic normal nutes seem to have a better effect but I want to try regardless

What brand of nutes do you use I wanna check them out

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Velks 3rd Run - The Auto Flower Jungle

Agc Auto Growers Club

Local garden centre compost works as good as anything and a fraction of the price although u need to keep a check incase I get pests like me

Started my first real grow and I decided to go with 3 5gallon smart pots with kind soil and coco coir. water only system...all organic water is always 6.5ph I germinated on 2/25 after they showed there tail I planted directly in coco loco and they all sprouted today just checked them out lights are about to go out in a few min have it set 20 on 4 off

I am working on my first grow and after researching grow methods and the various mediums you can use. I picked Kindsoil. I found Kindsoil available from Amazon.com as well as their direct website, shop.kindsoil.com. The prices were similar.

Kindsoil is the only growing medium I have found that is a watering only system. (When I initially started my grow I ordered everything based on using Coco Coir. The nutrients, ph testing kit seemed a bit intimidating to me. At this point I decided to keep looking for a easier method.) I found Kindsoil mentioned on one of the many diy grow forums I have read. I headed to their website to check it out. The water only idea sold me on getting some... Fast forward to today, my plants are growing slowly. I believe the slow growth is due to temperature control and not the Kindsoil. Slow growth aside, I think my first 2 babies are growing good.

420-magazine-mobile1463134096.jpg
420-magazine-mobile882129851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom